Fighter Down

* edited on 11/26/15

Scarlett yanked Christian down the hallway, her heart bubbling with joy at the thought of rescuing Ellie. Christian slipped past her, when they reached a metal door and yanked it open, warm sunlight spilling over them.

"Come on" he said, gesturing her forwards. "Chase won't be able to see us leave through here"

Scarlett flashed him a sly smile. "I take it we're not supposed to be doing this then?" she asked.

"Nah, Chase would have my ass if he knew I was doing this" he said with a crooked smile, as he let the door shut behind them.

Scarlett squinted against the sun, then set off at a fast pace down the street. "Hey! Wait up!" Christian called, jogging after her. "Here" he said, thrusting a pistol in her face.

Scarlett curved her hand around the smooth, familiar handle and she looked down the barrel to check out the sights.

"I figure we might need it if he's a trained assassin. He's probably fast, but, hey, no one's faster than a bullet!" Christian said with a laugh.

"Yeah, no kidding" she replied, slipping the gun into her waistband, briefly revealing one of her tattoos.

Christian's eyes followed her movement and he sounded surprised when he asked, "You have a tattoo?"

"Among other things" she said.

"Can I see it?" he asked, curiously.

"No. Not right now. Maybe...later"  she said, flashing him a coy smile before striding off.

A few minutes later, Scarlett was among familiar streets and she strode a few feet before Christian, confidently. Suddenly, her ears caught the sound of flesh hitting flesh and the muted roar of the crowd. Unconsciously, her feet veered towards the sound, inside a club.

"Um, is this where we're going?" Christian asked, following her as she pulled open the door, the sound immediately getting louder.

"Nah, but I really want to see this. Besides, I haven't been to this joint in so long!" she said, her mind entirely focused of fighting again.

"Whatever" she heard him mutter as they slipped through the crowd, Scarlett trying to get closer to the actual fight.

Many shoves, curses, and punches later, Scarlett was close enough to see two men swinging fists at each other and cursing each other out.

"Damn" Christian said from over her shoulder as he surveyed the shouting mass of people that surrounded them.

"I know right?!" Scarlett replied, her eyes shining.

"Whoo!" he suddenly shouted with the rest of the crowd as one man felled the other.

Scarlett turned and smirked at him, her arms crossed and her fingers tapping on the gun. "What?" he asked, his attention barely on her.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and turned back to the fight as the next fighter was introduced. "Please welcome, the Assassin!" the announcer said, using the fighter's street name.

Scarlett's blood ran cod as she gazed into the face of the fighter, who'd just stepped into the light. Kaiden. As she gazed at him, he met eyes with her and slowly, his mouth turned up onto a cruel smile. Then he winked and Scarlett gasped. "Christian? We need to go! Christian?!" she said, turning around, only to find that Christian wasn't there. "Christian!" she shouted desperately.

Her trained eye caught a struggling figure as he was being man-handled out the door. Scarlett squirmed through the crowd, trying desperately to reach him. A few people cursed at her but Scarlett merely yelled "Fuck off!" and kept on going.

Finally, she burst out of the crowd and through the door, just in time to see him being shoved into a white van. Their eyes met for a fraction of a second and then the door closed and Scarlett turned to the bouncer who was guarding the door. "Dude, can I borrow your ride?" she asked desperately.

The man looked at her, a scornful smile on his face as he looked her up and down. "And just why the hell would I do that?" he asked.

"Because my friend just got kidnapped!" she shouted, then upon seeing that he wasn't buying it added, "I will also track you down, if you don't let me, and cut off your balls...if you even have any" she scoffed.

His eyebrows raised in mock surprise and approval. "Tough. I'll let you take my bike on one condition" he said.

"Yeah? And what's that?" she snapped, casting a desperate glance at the ever-shrinking van.

"You fuck with me" he said, reaching into his pocket and dangling the keys in her face.

"Fine" she snapped, grabbing the keys from his grasp and running off. Never going to happen, buddy, she thought.

"It's the last one in the first row, come back after to fulfill your promise!" he shouted after her.

Scarlett didn't bother responding, as she was to busy searching for a motorcycle. She finally spotted the black and chrome Harley-Davidson leaning against its stand. She quickly threw a leg over it and straddled the bike, kicking up the stand and sticking the keys into the ignition, starting the engines growly roar. Scarlett backed the bike hurriedly out of the space and squeezed the throttle, the bike leaping forwards as she caught a glimpse of the van turning around a corner.

Scarlett's hair flew out from her braid, streaming out behind her as she wove through slow moving traffic, then leaned dangerously close to the ground as she sped around the corner. She accelerated when she saw the van, and was still fairly far away when someone leaned out the passenger side window and leveled a gun at her. Immediately, she decelerated and moved off to the side, where the bike was partially hidden by the shadows.

The man with the gun fired off two shots at her, then disappeared from view, while Scarlett continued to follow behind at a less conspicuous distance. The van slowed, then turned down a narrow street and Scarlett turned down the one across from it, sitting on the idling bike, watching the van brake then stop, two men hopping out from the front. Scarlett watched in anger as they pulled open the back doors and yanked Christian out, punching him when he struggled.

Quickly, Scarlett turned off the bike and concealed it behind a dumpster, making sure no one would be able to notice it from any angle. Just as she was about to cross the street, into the other alley, where the men were shoving Christian along, she heard the sound of another engine and quickly shrank back, pressing herself into the shadows.

A shiny Jeep drove up, and parked itself behind the van, and her heart began thudding wildly when she saw Kaiden step out of the front passenger side and the bouncer from the fight club get out on the driver's side.

From her spot against the brick wall, she could see Kaiden and the other men converse for a few minutes before Kaiden seemed to speak directly to Christian. Whatever answer he gave in reply, Kaiden didn't like, seeing as he punched Christian in the face, before turning, and going through a metal door.

Scarlett reached around and pulled out her gun that Christian had given her, flicking the safety off, and her finger ready to pull the trigger at a moments notice as she slipped into the other street.

Spotting a sharp piece of glass on the ground, she quickly picked it up and slashed through all eight of the tires, so that if she ever was spotted, they couldn't follow her with a vehicle. After slashing the final tire, she tossed the glass away and gazed up at the building, it's windows dusty and unused, wondering how she was going to get Christian out of there.