Life goes On

* edited on 11/25/15

Scarlett woke up the next morning, when Christian opened the door and leaned against it, looking distracted. "Hey princess. You ok?" he asked, shifting his feet.

"Is that even supposed to be a sincere question?" she asked sarcastically, not even bothering to open her eyes.

Christian laughed. "Good to know that you're awake and still fiery" he said, amused.

"Call me fiery one more time and I will whip your ass" she muttered unpleasantly, cracking an eye open.

Christian burst out laughing as Scarlett suddenly remembered where she was, and the life-changing events that had happened yesterday. "I doubt that, seeing as you can't even get out of bed" he said with a smirk.

That part was true. Her body ached so much, that it would take more than the devil to get her out of bed. "Which is why you're going to bring me breakfast right?" she replied, turning her head on the pillow to look at him.

"Um, no I'm not" he said with a smirk.

"Um, yes you are. I can't get out of bed. Besides I'm a princess remember?" she said, closing her eyes again as her mouth curved up into a sly smile.

"Damn it, now I have to think of a new nickname for you" he muttered.

"Move it Christian, I'm hungry" she said. She heard him mutter something unpleasant before his footsteps left the room and gradually faded away.

A few minutes later, her nose caught the smell of bacon and she heard Christian returning. "Here you go, tiger" he said, standing over her.

"No more princess?" she asked in an amused tone, use her sore arms to push her up, so she could look at him.

"Yep, now you can't play that card anymore" he replied, placing the plate of food on her lap.

Scarlett then ignored him, her attention riveted on the plate of food, as she ate quickly, savoring every bite, especially the bacon. A few minutes later, her plate was clean and she gave it back to Christian who had a look of amazement of his face.

"What-?" he sputtered, astounded.

She grinned up at him, wiping the corner of her mouth. "I was hungry. You can't blame me" she said.

"Whatever, don't move until I get back" he warned and disappeared through the door.

As soon as he was gone, however, Scarlett maneuvered herself  out of bed, stretching all of her limbs before standing fully. Her vision frayed slightly as her ribs ground together, but she ignored it and walked around the room slowly, swinging her arms to loosen up a bit.

"Tiger, what did I tell you?!" a loud voice admonished.

Scarlett spun around to face Christian, who stood in the door, with his arms crossed.

"Dude, chill. If you tell me not to do something, do you honestly think I'm going to listen?" she asked, cracking her neck as she tilted it from one side to the other.

"A guy can hope" he muttered, wincing a bit as her neck cracked loudly.

Scarlett smirked when she saw him wince and began to crack her knuckles, one by one, watching and laughing silently at his discomfort.

"Ugh, would you stop that already! It sounds like bones snapping!" he said.

"Your point? I can't imagine a big, tough guy like you getting antsy of me cracking my knuckles" she said, snapping the last of her knuckles.