Live and Let Die

CHAPTER 23 - LIVE AND LET DIE

------------------------

"OH! ONE MORE THING, ELIJAH- THOSE 'BEASTS' THAT YOU'RE REFERRING TO? THEY MAY BE UNDER ESTHER'S CONTROL, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems," I walk in just as Hayley turns to leave. Elijah stands and stares as she walks away, looking unhappy.

"What is up with you two?" I ask, standing next to my brother as we both watch Hayley walk away. "What happened to that look you two gave each other?"

"What look?" Elijah turns to me in confusion.

"You know, the sex eye lovey dovey look you two exchanged all the time. Was it real or was it just her pregnancy hormones?" I smirk at him. Elijah chuckles before turning to walk away. "No wait, you didn't answer the question!" I laugh.

____________________

I walk around the French Quarter as the All Hallows Eve party is still raging on in the streets. I watch at Cami exits a building, holding her phone to her ear.

"Finally, you pick up your phone! I've been trying to get a hold of you for days! Way to leave a girl hanging," Cami says.

Davina sighs on the other end of the call. "I know, I should have called you back. I didn't want you to worry. I just... things are complicated,"

"Yeah, well, word on the streets - and, by streets, I mean Josh - is that you've gone totally MIA. Seriously, are you okay? Where are you?" She asks the young witch.

"I'm fine. I'll be back soon, I promise. And... thanks for calling. It's good to hear your voice," she hangs up

"Davina? Davina?" She sighs and checks her phone to see that the call has disconnected. Behind her, Klaus is standing and smirking.

"Well, that was rather rude!" Cami turns quickly and gapes at him in shock. "Well, it's a pleasure to see you, too, Camille!" I start walking towards them.

"Don't...Don't do that crooked -smile thing, okay?"

"It's one of the reasons why he doesn't have a girlfriend," I smile, stopping next to Klaus. He glares at me.

Cami sighs and looks back at Klaus. "I haven't see you for months, and now you're... appearing out of the blue? What do you want?"

"Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with, and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch, " Klaus tells her.

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found," Cami says.

"Probably for a good reason. I mean, if I magically resurrected an insane, vampire -hunting father of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding too," I say, smirking when Cami looks stunned.

"Wait, what?"

"Oh, you haven't heard? Mikael is back from the dead. And, by all accounts, under the complete control of your friend, Davina" I say.

Cami looks worried. "Well, you heard her, clearly. She didn't say where she was!"

"Oh, on the contrary, love. You just had to know how to listen. For instance, I heard cicadas, and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells. Did you know Davina's family owns a little cabin in Terrebonne Parish? It's been abandoned for years! But, a brief glimpse at a map showed its just a mile from the loveliest little chapel," Klaus says.