Moon Over Bourbon Street

CHAPTER 14 - MOON OVER BOURBON STREET

------------------------------

IT'S BEEN A MONTH SINCE REBEKAH HAD LEFT. It didn't feel the same without her, knowing that she won't ever come back to New Orleans. 

She did call me once a week but I still missed her so much.

"Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons." someone says as me and Elijah walk up Klaus' painting room.

 "My demons are dead, or chased off," Klaus says. Elijah and I enter Klaus' painting room. I notice Genevieve and glare at her. 

"Yes, apart from the one lingering monster with whom you share a bed," Elijah says.

"What the hell is she doing here?" I ask Klaus, glaring at her.

"Well, just catching up" She smiles. I scoff. 

"You can catch up somewhere else," I say, holding her heels out. "I trust you can find your clothing and the door," I say. Genevieve stands up, takes her heels from him, and leaves the room. "Don't let the door hit you on your way out" I give her a fake smile.

Elijah looks at Klaus, annoyed. "You do recall that woman tortured our sister?" 

"She also revealed the truth about our sister's treachery," Klaus says. I look at him in disbelief

"Yes, and as a consequence, Rebekah is gone forever," I tell him, annoyed with his attitude.

 "A desire which she apparently harboured for quite some time!" Klaus shouts. I roll my eyes.

"Niklaus, it has been a month. Now, we feel our sister's loss as deeply as you." Elijah says, gesturing to himself and me. " But, you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behaviour and channel it into some kind of action."

 Klaus grabs a paintbrush and returns to his art. "Why must I, exactly?"

 "Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king. You wanted this throne. So, you have to accept the responsibility that accompanies that." I say.

 Klaus begins to paint, only half paying attention to me and Elijah. "Apologies, but I'm rather ensconced in other pursuits." He says. I walk over to him and grab the paintbrush from his hand.

"Nik, I'm serious"

"If you can so easily neglect your home, I wonder what will become of your daughter. Have you forgotten what it was like to live beneath the threat of violence?' Elijah asks him. " We must work together, Niklaus. Let's make this city whole again. " 

"Perhaps it is too broken to mend," Klaus says and takes back his paintbrush from my hand and returns to his painting. 

"If you won't do anything, I will," Elijah says.

____________________

Father Kieran and Elijah have gathered a meeting for the various supernatural and human factions to settle on an agreement, including Genevieve and Diego to represent the witches and the vampires, respectively.

I stood in the back, leaning against the wall because I didn't want anything to do with all of this. I just came to see it all fail and fall apart.

 "St. Anne's has long been neutral ground in our city. So, it's only fitting that we gather in this chamber at the behest of Elijah Mikaelson to bring harmony to this place we call home. Thank you all for coming."Fathe Kieran says.