The Devil is Damned

CHAPTER 31 - THE DEVIL IS DAMNED

--------------------------------------

Laughter filled the air as the little girl and boy run around by the river, trying to catch each other.

Leah hides behind a tree, her back pressed against it as she takes a peek, looking for her brother.

"Got you!"

The two little children giggle as they fall to the ground. They lay beside each other, staring at the bright sky above them.

"We'll always be together, right?"

"Right. Nothing will ever separate us!" Henrik grins at his twin sister beside him.

"Promise?"

"Promise"

LEAH STOOD BY THE BAR IN THE KITCHEN, SIPPING HER DRINK AS KLAUS WAS ON the phone with Elijah, who is still at the safe house with Cami and Hope.

"The wedding works in our favor. Newly empowered and ruled by Hayley, the wolves will be an asset to our family" Klaus says.

"Yes, assuming you're willing to trust Jackson with our secrecy" Elijah reminds him. Leah smirks, hearing the jealousy in his voice. "Must confess, brother, I'm a little surprised to find that you do"

"Well, faith in Jackson is a means to an end. If I had simply killed him, Hayley would have turned against me" Klaus holds up the knife he's using to chop limes and gestures with it as he talks. "You should have seen the ferocity with which she defended him. It was impressive" Elijah sighs
"That being said, I don't take the matter of secrets lightly. Once the wedding takes place and the wolves are forever altered, well, Jackson's fate becomes a little less certain" Klaus smiles and hangs up the phone.

"He does have a point" Klaus turns to his sister. "Are we really sure we can trust Jackson with this?"

Before Klaus could answer, the two siblings turn around when they hear
someone entering the compound.

"Hello, Nik"

Klaus looks at her, confused, but pretty sure he knows who it is. "I don't suppose you imagined that always and forever would lead us to this" Klaus gapes at her, clearly shocked, as Leah smiles brightlt, running over and hugging her older sister.

"You absolutely will not believe the week I've had"

_____________________

"Mama, Mama" The little girl runs up to her mother, holding the blossomed flower in her hand. "Look what I did"

Esther bends down and smiles at her daughter. "You're getting good at this, my princess"

Leah giggles as her mother taps her nose. Her mother takes the flower, putting it in her daughter's golden blonde hair. "Beautiful"

"Will you teach me more?" Leah pleads with Esther, wanting to learn more magic.

"Of course. But only on one condition?"

"Mhm" Leah nods her head, a big grin plastered on her face.

"We keep it a secret from Papa"

"Okay!"

____________________

Rebekah stood in one of the lounge of the Mikaelson compound, staring at a painted portrait of herself in her original body. that hangs on the wall while Klaus and Leah stand behind her.