Bloodletting

CHAPTER 5 - BLOODLETTING

-------------------------

I WATCH AS A GIRL AND BOY FIGHT IN THE COURTYARD before the girl snaps the guy's neck with her legs. Everyone cheers and smiles as Marcel claps.

"Damn, girl! Not bad!" Marcel smirks. I roll my eyes before vamp-speeding over to the girl and snapping her neck. Marcel glares at me. 

"Oops" I shrug with a smirk playing on my lips.

The whole room goes silent. Klaus and Elijah enter the courtyard.

"Good evening!" Klaus walks up to me and stands by my side and looks up at Marel. " I'd like a word."

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asks, glaring at the two of us.

"It appears-" Everyone turns to Elijah who walks in from the back. "- that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs!" He stands next to Klaus and gives Marcel a stone clod glare. "We've come here for the girl. Give it to us or ... we kill everyone here. Starting with you." Elijah looks at me and Klaus. We both smirk and raise our eyebrows.

"You three got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands." Marcel states. I roll my eyes, letting out a laugh as I point at Marcel.

"Your home? God, you must be joking" I say. 

"The girl!" Elijah shouts at Marcel. " I will not ask again." He says.

 Marcel looks at Elijah. " I assume you're talking about Hayley? Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude?" Marcel smirks. " Who is she, anyway?" 

"She's an old friend," Klaus says.  "You know how sentimental I am about old friends."

 Marcel scoffs. "Well, I ain't got her." Marcel points at The three of us. " And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight." Klaus and I share a look. " I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it." I look at him and roll my eyes, scoffing. Marcel looks at me. " You don't believe me?"

"Wouldn't be the first time" I whisper.

" Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?"

Elijah, Klaus and are sitting in the backyard, having a few drinks. 

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah says. I roll my eyes.

"You do realize they can hear you?" Klaus smiles.

"You do realize I don't care?" Elijah says, reaching for a drink.

"You two should both realize how annoying you are" I laugh as Klaus playfully pushes my shoulder.

 Marcel appears, followed by some vampires, and the witch, Sabine. 

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box," Marcel says. Elijah smiles at him

"I liked you better as a slave" I smirk, Elijah looks at me, silently telling me to shut up. I shrug.

Marcel turns to Klaus. " Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world" Klaus smirks. " and I always show respect to my elders. If your special lady friend is missing, you could benefit from the help of a witch" He says and the witch, Sabine is escorted by two vampires. Marcel raises his hands to his sides. " And, since I control all the witches in this town, I'll grant you one little locator spell. Sabine's the best guide in the Quarter. Need to find someone? I guarantee, she's your girl" Marcel says before he turns to leave them to their business but I stop him.