Dance Back From The Grave

CHAPTER 10 - DANCE BACK FROM THE GRAVE

--------------------------

REBEKAH, ELIJAH AND I WALK THROUGH THE STREETS of the Quarter as we talk about recent events.

"Now, you may doubt him, but today, I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress," Elijah says.

 Rebekah rolls her eyes. "Please, Elijah. Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out, "

"Why would you do such a thing?" I look at Rebekah in shock.

"Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him. I like that about Thierry," She says. I raise my eyes. " I also like that he used to date a witch, so he knows about French Quarter covens. Maybe he can lead me to whoever stole off with the Harvest magic,"

"Rebekah, we are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual," Elijah says

"That's just it. There was no outcome. We all were there when the power left Davina and Elijah, We both know that power like that doesn't just vanish," I say.

 "I say someone stole it. I'd like to know who, and then I'd like to make an ally out of them?" Rebekah says.

"You can't be serious, Beks, " I look at her.

"To what end, exactly?" Elijah asks her. 

"I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them," Rebekah argues.

"No. You are not going to go behind his back and start planning on how to take him out. I won't allow it. Non of us are to go behind each others backs and betray each other," I point at the two of them. "Got it?" They nod.

"I expect such behavior from Niklaus," Elijah says. "It's so very disappointing when it comes from you, Rebekah. Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here? He's invited us back into our family home. He yearns for our family to be reunited," Elijah explains to us.

 "Yes. He's in a brilliant mood now, but for how long?" Rebekah asks. " It's his trick, Elijah," She says.

"It's not a trick, Rebekah," I argue with her. She looks at me. 

"How do you know?" she asks me. "All he does is lure you into a false sense of camaraderie and kindship, and then he turns on you like a snake. I fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in my chest for my trouble. No more," Rebekah says. I sigh.

"Well, we can't just make all that disappear. If non of this is a trick then I believe that he is approaching some semblance of peace here," I say. " Leadership may, in fact, be a good thing for him, and I support that but, Beks, if you cannot support him, then please, don't do anything to provoke him." I say. Rebekah looks at me in disbelief. "Please. If not for himself or youself then do it for me?" I beg her.

 If not for himself or youself then do it for me?" I beg her