The Battle of New Orleans

CHAPTER 18 - THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS

------------------------------

 I WALK INTO THE COMPOUND AS HAYLEY PACES AROUND the room and Elijah dials a phone number on his phone and puts it on speaker. Klaus answers.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray," Elijah tells me.

Hayley cuts in. "They should have been back hours ago," I look at them in shock.

"We need to find them," I say. Those stones are very hard to find. And if someone has them, that means they have the stones.

"Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied," He tells us. Elijah and I look at the phone in disbelief.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah asks him.

Klaus shrugs. "It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution,"

"Do enlighten us," Elijah says and Klaus continues.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose," Klaus explains.

I sigh. "Marcel"

Hayley looks at us with a scared expression. "No, he'll kill them!" 

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit," Klaus was silent for a while before he speaks again. "And there it is,". He then hangs up. 

_____________________

Klaus found out where Jackson and Oliver were so Elijah and I met him there.

We walk into Thierry's warehouse to find Jackson, still bound to his chair, left with a black hood over his head. The chair next to him had some blood on it and was empty. Marcel and Diego are gone and they probably took Oliver with them.

I walk up to him and pull the black hood off his head. Jackson flinches when he's found until he realizes he's being rescued. 

Klaus grabs Jackson's face in his hand. "Accolades to Marcel, he did quite a dance across the bridge of your nose," Klaus smirks. I roll my eyes. 

"Where is he now?" I ask Jackson. He looks around and then looks down at the floor to find that there is an explosive rigged to the legs of his chair, which is connected to a crate.

"Nowhere to be found," Elijah says as he follows the wires to the crate. He opens it. "Although, he did leave us a delightful parting gift." I walk over to him and look inside the crate to find a big explosive inside. My eyes widen. 

"Wow, he sure does know how to leave epic gifts,"

Klaus looks at us before turning to Jackson. "What about the stones?" He asks.

"I don't know. Untie me, I'll help you find them!"  Jackson starts moving around in his chair.

"Sit still!" Elijah tells him " You'll be freed as soon as it's safe," He kneels down to examine the triggers on Jackson's chair, while Klaus and I look into another crate, which holds yet another bomb. 

"Our focus should be the stones. Considering Jackson's competition for Hayley's affection, I think you'd agree," Klaus says.

I roll my eyes before turning to Jackson. "Disregard Nik. Over the course of the last Millenium, his capacity for tact has somewhat diminished," I say, smiling at Nik.