Chapter 16

*Juliet's pov*

It's been two days since we found Lesley in her bedroom.

We had to get to school tomorrow, but Hayes is trying to convince his parents to let us stay here another day.

Matt has been sleeping at her side for the past couple of days. He can't leave her side.

I laid my head on Hayes's shoulder, he must've thought that I was asleep or something.

"Juliet? Are you awake?" He asked.

"I've been awake, Hayes." I said.

"Oh." Is all he said.

"Why? Is there anything you wanted to talk about?" I asked.

"Are you okay with staying for a few days? I'm just worried..." He trailed off.

"About Lesley?" I said.

"Aren't you worried too?" He asked.

"I'm terrified, Hayes. But I guess you don't have as much confidence in her as much as I do. She's stronger than this." I said.

"I know..but what if she thinks we're dating? I can't exactly turn her down." He said.

"You do what you have to," I said.

"Okay. Fine." He got up from where he was sitting, and went to Lesley's hospital room.

I rolled my eyes. I know he cares about Lesley but I didn't think he'd stay another day for her. She is my best friend and I'd stay here as long as she needs me but Hayes didn't want anything to do with her since we had a double date.

I got up from where I was sitting, but the baby started crying in my purse. I took it out and cradled it, going into Lesley's hospital room.

Hayes and Matt were arguing, but when they saw me, they stopped.

"Juliet." Matt gasped, and Hayes glared at him.

"I want you guys out of here." I said, and the obliged. They passed me as they left.

I sat next to Lesley's bed, setting the baby down on her lap.

"Lesley if you fall in love with Hayes again, I will kill you." I said, kind of seriously.

"No, but Hayes isn't yours. I'm sorry if that sounds cruel but it's true. You have a perfect boyfriend who loves you so much." I said, but I knew I wouldn't get anything out of her.

"This is pathetic." I rolled my eyes and walked out of her hotel room. I passed Hayes and Matt as I did.

"Where are you going?" Hayes asked.

"Out." I mumbled, stepping outside and started walking.

I don't know where I was going, but my legs seemed to lead me somewhere. I stopped walking when I reached a familiar coffee shop near the corner.

I walked inside the Coffee Corner, sitting in a seat in front of the same big window I've always loved.

"Hello miss. Can I take your order?" A waiter said. I ordered my drink and he left without saying another word.

I stared outside of the window. The wind was whirling around the people walking, and as the leaves fell.

The waiter put my drink on the table, and I sipped it as I kept looking outside.

"I thought you'd be here." Someone said, joining me at my table.

It was Matt, and he grabbed my drink to sip it.