Chapter 28

Hayes's POV

I sat on the ground and cried. I cried until I felt like I physically couldn't, I cried until I couldn't feel anymore.

I held on to the letter, it was the only thing I had left of her. I was wondering if I should rip it up, tear it into shreds.

I decided against it as I went to the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror.

Puffy and red eyes, sniffling, and hiccups were always a give away to letting people know you were crying.

I was pathetic. I couldn't even keep the girl of my dreams.

I ran out of the dirty room. I had to get out of here.

Frank let me back into his taxi, and I slammed the door close.

"Wow, are you okay?" He asked, and I handed him the letter.

"Sorry." Frank said, and I nodded.

"It's okay." I said.

"Now can I take you back to your hotel? Where you belong?" Frank asked, and I nodded.

We rode the taxi back in silence. I didn't know if the silence was what I needed.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was exhausted. I really needed a good sleep. I went up the elevator and to my floor.

I prepared myself for the chaos that was about to erupt when I opened that hotel door. I took in a deep breath, pushed the handle, and opened it.

Everyone was sitting, or pacing frantically. It seemed like they were worried.

"Hayes! Where have you been?" Alec said.

I guess they wouldn't get mad that I tried to look for Juliet and left Digitour.

"Yeah, we've been worried." My friend, Dylan Dazuat said.

"Sorry, I just...you know Juliet? She was in the audience and I had to go after her." I explained.

"So did you find her?" Sam Pottorff asked.

"Yeah, I find her. I know where she's going too...I just...she doesn't want me to look for her." I said, and everyone started freaking out.

They yelled things like "why wouldn't she want you to look for her" or "what is she thinking?!"

"She left me this letter telling me to never look for her." I said.

"You know that means she wants you to look for her, right?" Twaimz said.

I handed him the letter, which was passed on to everyone in the room.

"That sucks man, sorry." Sam said, handing me the letter.

"It's fine. I'm going to go to California to find her after tour." I said.

"She went to California?" Dylan said.

"Yeah, I don't know why, though." I shrugged.

"Maybe it's because it's on the other side of the country?" Twaimz suggested.

Everyone was silent until someone knocked on the door.

"Hayes?" Kelly called.

She pulled me out into the hallway to talk.

"Was that her tonight?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah. That was her." I answered.

"You know where she's going?" She asked.

"California."

"Good. Call off the search. You know where she is and everyone can stop worrying about her." She said.

It seems like that's all I ever do-worrying about her.

"Fine." I answered.

"Good. Go get some rest, you'll need your energy for tomorrow."

I knew I couldn't be able to sleep, but I tried my best.

But that night, my best wasn't good enough.

•••

Juliet's POV

I opened her door, knowing that she'll freak out once she sees me.

Once we made eye contact, I dropped my bags, and she instantly ran over to me.

"What the hell.." Ashley said, pulling me into an embrace.

"You're supposed to be in North Carolina! What the hell happened?" She freaked out.

"Listen, it's a long story that-"

"I know some of it already. I watched Hayes's YouNow, but trust me, I don't believe it all." She said.

"I didn't see the YouNow, but we broke up because Matt kissed me and-"

"MATT KISSED YOU?!"

"Yeah, pay attention. Anyways-"

"No. Wait. Matthew Lee Espinosa? The one that cared for you when you were sick? The one that stayed with you when you were lonely? The one you call your brother? How did this happen?" She asked.

"That's what I'm trying to explain!" I said, and I explained everything to her.

"Matt drinks? I never knew that." She sighed.

"Yeah. He does." I said.

"We'll do you think that-"

She got interrupted as the doorbell rang. We both looked at each other, and I got up to open it.

I couldn't believe who was at the door.

"I think you forgot something." Matt held out my toy baby, and he smiled shyly.

~.~
A/N: HELLO PEOPLE OF WATTPAD! Would you guys count this as a triple update....?
I'm counting it.

What do you think will happen next?

You guys want me to update a lot haha :) I haven't updated in three consecutive days before, but this can't be a regular thing. I need time to come up with what goes on in the next chapter and develop everything, which is why I update every other day.

But hey, I try to give you guys double updates as much as I can! <3

SSOTD: Hopeless Opus by Imagine Dragons

IF NO ONE TOLD YOU TODAY I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL.

(p.s.- thank you for 20k reads! <33 )