Ch. 5: Meeting Place

One week later

It's been quite some time since I met Jibeom for the first time in person. Over the past week, we eventually got to know each other more, and, apparently, that article about him and the "suspected worker from SilverLining" (Me)? It eventually died down and people forgot about it.

Also, I don't sneak into Jibeom's house at night just to meet up with him on his balcony anymore. He and I agreed that it's too dangerous, and so, we thought of another place for us to meet. The time is still at night, though, just so the chances of us being spotted lessens, but I'm not complaining. I like the cool night air. And about our meeting place, I'm heading there right now.

"Thanks for bringing me here, Jisu," I tell Jisu as I open the door on my side and step out.

"Yeah, sure. Just make sure you don't get caught or else I won't agree to bring you here again," she tells me with a warning tone.

I laugh lightly. "Yeah, yeah... Auntie."

Jisu quickly turns to me with an annoyed look and I laugh again and quickly step out before she hits me. "Don't forget. Come here at ten or earlier. If you don't, I might as well just leave you to be exposed."

"I thought you didn't want that to happen," I tell her playfully.

"Yah! Just do as you're told!"

I roll my eyes at her then nod. "Yes, auntie."

She rolls her eyes back at me and I laugh. "Just go already. And take care."

I smile at her and thank her before going. Once I've walked a few feet from where she parked, I hear her driving away and I continue walking towards my destination.

As soon as I reach the place, Jibeom turns to me and a smile forms on his face as our eyes meet. "Hey," he greets me as he raises his hand to wave at me.

I return a smile and a wave as I walk towards the edge of the balcony where he's standing. From the balcony, I can get a great view of the city and I can even feel the cool night breeze.

This is our meeting place. It's just a not-so-visited view deck at the edge of the woods in the mountains, but with the view and the breeze, and of course, Jibeom, it just becomes the perfect meeting place for us, especially since Jibeom also likes to go out at night.

"So... how have things been for you?" I ask him. "Are you doing okay?"

"I'm relatively fine," he tells me with an innocent smile, the one that always gets to me, and I smile back shyly at him before looking towards the view before us.

I breathe in deeply then give out a relaxed sigh as I lean back while holding onto the railings. "It's really beautiful out here. I'm glad we chose this as our meeting place."

Jibeom hums in agreement, and I stand straight again, my hands still on the railing as I look down at the city lights. We're quiet for a while, both taking in the scenery and the night air when Jibeom suddenly speaks up. "Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I ask him as I turn to him only to see him smiling innocently as he looks at me. I'm not so sure, but I think there's a hint of hope in his smile as well.

Jibeom then looks down as his smile turns into a shy one. "So... in the past week, we've been trying to know each other more as we've agreed, and... Well, I was thinking... Don't you think we know each other enough to maybe make it official?"

My eyes widen and I suddenly feel my face heating up as I look at him. "I-I thought we were already official," I tell him and he looks at me with wide eyes as well.