Chapter 11: Kill Or Get Killed

DYLAN

"She has gone to meet Mr. Ventura, Master Ezinia." I heard one of his men reported inside his office.

Are they talking about Michonne? Ano naman ang pinaplano niya na pati ang kilos at galaw ni Mich ay pinababantayan niya? He's being too cruel and I'm such a fool to get drawn by his evil doings.

This is because of my selfish greed and obsession, it's all my fault. Kung pinigilan ko na sana siya noon pa, hindi na sana hahantong pa sa ganito ang lahat.

And now I realized how my desire to have her, blinded me without knowing I made her suffer all alone. I overlooked her true feelings just to make her mine.

When she got married, akala ko kaya ko na siyang pakawalan ng tuluyan. Akala ko kaya ko na ang maging masaya para sa ikasasaya niya. But it made me happy knowing that I could still have a chance. Ang mawala si Axziel sa tabi niya, kung wala lang si Axziel, she will be mine.

It did happen, I conspired with my father to draw Axziel away from her. Nang mawala si Axziel sa tabi niya, kinuha ko ang pagkakataon na mas mapalapit sa kaniya. I acted so tough and brave in front of her just to make her smile. I stayed by her side, in Axziel's place, and loved her more than my life. I just wanted her to look at me and open her heart to me but I got nothing in return. She's still waiting for him when I was the one who stayed by her side.

How can I expect her to love me when I was the one who broke them apart? Hinayaan kong ilayo sa kaniya si Axziel nang dahil lang sa sarili kong hangarin. It's been years and I think making her mine is really impossible. Hindi ko kailan man magagawang palitan sa puso niya si Axziel, and there was never really a place for me in her heart since the beginning.

I've been drowning myself trying to make my impossible desire and nonsense imagination into reality. But in the end, it's just me and my delusions. Ang masaklap pa, alam kong walang magbabago pero ipinilit ko pa rin ang sarili ko. I know how it will end yet I still pretended not to know and did it in the wrong way. Hindi ko tuloy alam kung paano ko haharapin si Michonne, paano ako magpapakita sa kaniya sa kabila ng ginawa ko?

"Looks like she wants to go against me, she must be dying to find her husband," uttered a disembodied voice.

"Huh! I guess she wants to play with me, she's persistent. The plan was just to destroy her university but it seems not enough for her. Send her a warning."

Dinig ko ang mga mapaglarong salitang iyon. He only sees this as some kind of a game for him because he thinks he's above everyone else.

He started all of this, I should not have sided with him that time when Mr. Ventura tried to fight him. But he was just able to win because his enemy let their guard down.

This time, I won't let him do anything that will hurt her again. Matagal din akong naging sunod-sunuran sa kaniya para lang mapatunayan ang sarili ko. But I'm no longer that person who's trying so hard to get his father's approval like some kind of a fool. I'm not scared of him anymore and now, I will stop him at all costs and be the reason for his downfall.

"Let me go instead," I proposed right after I entered his office. Sandali niya akong tinitigan bago napangisi na lang at bahagyang napasandal sa upuuan nito na mukhang pinag-iisipan ang sinabi ko.

"How can I let you? You're more likely going to fail and may turn me down," nanghihinala niyang tugon habang diretsong nakatingin sa akin.

"Don't you want to know... Whether I'm on your side or not?" mapanghamon kong tanong dito na saglit niyang ikinatahimik.

"Fine, I'm also dying to know that. I wonder If I actually made you change your mind," pagsang-ayon niya bago muli akong nginisian.

"Pero, Master..." said his men who reported to him earlier.