Chapter 21: Truth And Lies

AXZIEL

This woman in front of me... She's making my heart flattered and throbbed in pain at the same time. I don't know why I kissed her back but my body just moved unexpectedly while my mind was still clueless.

Who is she? Why do I feel like I've seen her before, as if I have known her for a long time and I just can't remember?

"Give me a chance to help you return your lost memories. After that, it's up to you whether to kill me or keep me alive," she said in a small voice and distanced herself.

I can feel different emotions from her expression when our eyes met. Loneliness, disappointment, fear, and pain with a little comfort. This woman... I think I missed her a lot.

"I can't easily forgive you for leaving me and my son without knowing your reason but still, thank you for coming back, Axziel." She forced a smile. "Gusto kong malaman mo na naghihintay pa rin ako."

After that, she turned away and left with that man who claimed to be her brother without letting me utter a word.

My tears suddenly drip while watching them go and leave me behind. Ano bang nangyayari sa'kin... Seeing her make my head hurt so much and I feel pain inside my heart.

"Of course, I will, a hundred percent no doubt."

"Because no matter what happens, I will walk a thousand miles and find my way back to you."

Images start flashing in my head, those random memories keep haunting me. Kanino ko sinabi ang mga salitang 'yon? Since I met that woman...

"Remember me... I am Michonne Dwyer-Ventura, your wife! And from now on... I will make you remember everything, Axziel Wren Ventura."

Michonne, my wife? Ever since she showed up... I started to doubt myself and I have this feeling of uncertainty. I feel confused.

She and her son? I'm the one who left them and she's still waiting for me? What happened on that day... Did I really get into an accident? Who really I am?

Hindi ko na alam, ano ba ang dapat kong paniwalaan? Sino ang dapat kong paniwalaan? How can I even find myself with those lies?

• • •

It was already past midnight when I returned to our headquarters where Mcrivel Association operates. Ezinia's men stay lined up and are still standing at the entrance of the building to guard the base. They bowed as they greeted me.

As the leader of the Mcrivel Gang which Ezinia formed—a group that is working under Ezinia's command. It is my job to report everything that happens in our mission which is a direct order from him. It was a mission of killing someone that his client paid for.

Naisipan kong dumaretso sa opisina ni Ezinia on the underground floor. His men are scattered all over the building who guards the base twenty-four hours. His base is very secure and no one can enter at their will.

As I arrived in front of his office, I didn't see any of his men guarding outside which was very unusual except when he already returned home.

When I was about to knock on the door of his office, I unintentionally heard a conversation. Is this confidential that he even sent out his guard?

"Dad, w-what should I do?" a disembodied voice uttered worriedly. Kilala ko ang boses na 'yon, it's Sabina, Ezinia's daughter. Did something concern her?

"What do you mean?" his father asked calmly.

"Axziel—I mean Zeldrick already met his wife! I-I'm afraid that he might start to recover those memories of his past," nangangatal ang boses na sagot ni Sab dahil sa pagkabalisa. Anong ibig niyang sabihin?