Chapter 23: Betrayal

DYLAN

Sai arrived and entered our small apartment where we're currently staying. Napatayo ako nang mapansin na may kasama siya and it's Irish.

Nagtatanong akong tumingin sa kaniya. "Ahh, si Irish? Don't worry, she's no harm."

Sai has been keeping an eye on my father's association. We still have a connection from one of his men according to him and I don't know who it is. Siya ba ang tinutukoy niya? Irish is the one who's giving us information about my father's business?

"I'm not here to catch you." She hissed and rolled her eyes.

Nahihibang na ba siya? Alam niya ba kung anong ginagawa niya? She's putting her life on the line. She doesn't have to follow us here.

"You're crazy," naibulalas ko na lang sa kaniya.

"I know, but you made me do this... You shouldn't have betrayed him in the first place, bastard..." she replied and frowned. She seemed annoyed.

Why is it my fault? She should have stayed loyal to my father. She doesn't have to do this.

"Are you sure about this? You're betraying my father, you know. And once he learns about this... you might die," paalala ko naman sa kaniya.

"I don't care, as long as I get to fight with you," she mumbled. I didn't hear what she just said but she suddenly felt embarrassed.

"You're so slow, Dy," naiiling pang imik ni Sai bago napabuntong-hininga. "So... What's going on?" pag-iiba naman nito ng usapan bago nabalik kay Irish ang tingin.

"They have the next target and I feel like you should know about this, Dy," tugon ni Irish saka may inabot sa aking litrato. "His name is Xaviel Ventura. He is Michonne's brother-in-law and I figured you do not want him to get killed, am I right?" dagdag niya.

Si Xaviel ang next target? This is insane. How did he get involved with this? Now his life is in danger too.

"Anong plano ni Axziel? Did he intend to kill him?" balik kong tanong sa kaniya.

Axziel never fails to do his job. Even though he's choosing whoever he wants to kill, he still makes sure to kill the target no matter what. Lalo pa't hindi niya alam na kapatid niya si Xaviel.

"I'm not sure but Nixon has gone to kill the target. While Axziel plans to stop the client tomorrow bago pa nito magawang makaalis ng bansa," she reported.

I don't know if Axziel gave the order to kill the target but right now, siguradong nasa panganib ang buhay ni Xaviel. I can't let him die, hindi ko pwedeng hayaan na patayin ni Axziel ang sarili niyang kapatid.

"Where do they plan to kill him?" muli kong tanong sa nag-aalalang boses.

"Nixon is heading to HMO Company, he is probably there by now. He's planning to lure him out in the basement."

Pagkasabi niya no'n ay kaagad akong nag-ayos at naghanda para umalis. The company is just a few minutes away from our place so we might still have a chance to stop him and save Xaviel.

"Go back to the base, Irish. Wag mo nang ipahamak ang sarili mo," utos ko sa kaniya.

Nagmadali na akong lumabas ng apartment na sinundan naman ni Sai. Nang makapasok kaming dalawa sa kotse ay antimano kong binuksan ang makina at nagsimula nang magmaneho paalis.

"You're so mean... Leaving her behind like that," narinig kong usal ni Sai na tinutukoy si Irish.

"It's for the better," tanging nasabi ko na lang.

Makalipas pa ang ilang minuto ay nakarating kami sa basement na parking lot ng kompanya. Nang makababa ng kotse ay kaagad naming hinanap ang kinaroroonan nila. Siguradong kanina pa siya nandito.