Chapter 24: Missing Piece

AXZIEL

"Everything that Michonne told you is the truth," seryosong sambit ni Dylan na kasalukuyang nasa harapan ko. I stayed silent.

We're still inside the hospital, currently at the corner of the hallway. I leaned my back against the wall and put my hands inside my pocket.

"Hindi mo lang matandaan ang lahat after what I did, it was because of my father and I who made this mess. He's the real enemy and he plans to mess up with you especially Michonne until the end," mahaba pa nitong litanya.

Mess up with me? Fuck that hedgehog bastard. Hindi ko lubos maisip na naging sunod-sunuran ako sa kaniya at nagawa niyang kontrolin nang pinaniwala nila ako sa kasinungalingan. He made me a fool and even tried to kill me.

If everything Michonne said is true, why does Ezinia have to ruin our lives in the first place? Does he hold a grudge against me, especially against Michonne who he wants to kill? He's such a wicked man.

Ang dami kong tanong tungkol sa nakaraan, sa mga pangyayaring hindi ko sinasadyang kalimutan. Bakit kasi ngayon lang... Bakit ngayon ko lang nalaman na kasinungalingan ang lahat? I let myself get fooled and forget the important person who was patiently waiting for me. I'm a jerk.

I stood straight and faced him. Matagal nang alam ni Dylan ang lahat and he even takes part in his father's scheme to destroy me.

"If you're saying that Michonne is really my wife, then why? Why did you break us apart?" I asked with a dead voice, although I already had a guess.

Saglit siyang natahimik bago seryosong tumingin sa'kin at sinagot ang tanong ko. "Because I love her and I wanted her to be mine," he replied frankly.

He kept this for a long time and took advantage of my condition just to be with Michonne and took my place. He's playing dirty. I can't believe he can be that selfish and pathetic just to get what he wants.

Hindi na ako nagulat sa sagot niyang 'yon. But it made me irritated for some reason. I didn't expect to feel this way after hearing it directly from him. I don't know why I feel anguish when I am the one who couldn't even remember his own wife.

Wala akong ibang masisisi kundi ang sarili ko dahil hinayaan ko 'yong mangyari. If only I had been strong, this wouldn't happen. I wouldn't fall in Ezinia's hand and let this man take my place. He steals everything from me.

"I'm not going to apologize for what I did to you. Instead, I'd thank you for giving me a chance to stay with her."

Mabilis ko siyang nasuntok ng malakas sa mukha pagkasabi nya no'n. I don't know, my fist just moved automatically when I saw his stupid smirk, making that vanish from his face. Nagdugo ang labi niya kaya pasimple niya itong pinunasan bago muling ngumisi sa'kin.

"Shut your damn mouth, then. I don't want to hear from you or anyone about everything that happens to me." Pagkasabi ko nito ay mabilis akong kumilos na humakbang paalis sa harapan niya saka siya nilagpasan.

Knowing what happened in the past from anyone won't make me remember everything. It won't help me recover my memories and answer all of my questions.

Mas mabuti nang sa akin mismo magmula kapag naalala ko na ang lahat. It may take time but I have to struggle and endure everything. Ngayon pa na may taong matagal nang naghihintay sa'kin hanggang ngayon. I may not remember the feeling of being in love but I have this feeling that she's the person that I've been longing for inside my heart.

"Don't lay your hands on my father..." Napahinto ako at muling nilingon si Dylan. Is that an order or a threat? Why would I do what he says? I'm not the kind of person that he could order around. I have my own will and I have nothing to be afraid of.