5

Clint's POV:

Things weren't going well. I know I messed up. I was very confused back then, I still am now. I don't deserve anything. I know I do bad. I haven't got an excuse for what I did. Why would I? There is no excuse for that crime. I'm surprised the police were never called on me. If he called them now I'd go down without a fuss. I'd admit to doing it. To hurting him. I believed he deserved pain, I still do. He caused me pain afterall.

When school finished up I was left alone with a drunk uncle who hurt me. He treated me how I treat Tony, if you can believe that. He's actually where I got the idea for punishment from. I got constant beatings and after I did what I did- it got worse. It was Tony's stupid f*cking fault. He made me lose all my friends, he made my torture worse. When I saw him in that shower, all helpless. I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to kill him. And what happened? I got beaten up by a bunch of strangers. He's a lucky b*stard that doesn't deserve anything in life.

Where am I now? I'm sat in a diner. I'm staring at a meat pie that I don't want to eat because eating hurts. It hurts to swallow. I'm wallowing in self pity and the waitress keeps staring at me. I recognise her. Red hair, a fair complextion. Perhaps we went to school together, but I don't remember her very well. 

She walked over and looked at me.

"Clint Barton" She said and smiled. I don't like smiles, it just reminds me of how unhappy I am. "Do you remember me?" I didnt but for some reason a name came to me.

"Natasha?" I asked. She nodded. It came flooding back. She was that popular girl who was amazing at everything. "What are you  doing working in a place like this?"

"Ah well... I needed cash" She laughed and sat down. "It's been so long, how have you been?" She didn't remember what I had done. That was lucky. I'm sure she is still friends with Steve and Tony though. But she was rather friendly with everyone in school. 

"I've been good" I lied. "I thought youd be at some posh university now getting a degree." She smiled at me and shook her head.

"I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. Besides learning because you have to learn is boring. Learning because you want to. That's a different story." I nodded. I agree that learning is boring. I never liked school. "Did you... take up archery like you wanted to?"  She asked me.

I nodded. 

"I am actually getting pretty good. I feel free when I do it. Like no one can bother me"

"So you found what you like to do. How often do you hit the bullseye?" She asked. She seemed interested.

"9 out of 10" I said. Someone came over and told her to get back to work. She knew she had to.

"Ill talk to you later. Heres my new address" She wrote it on a napkin. "Drop by later if you like... after 8 though" she walked away to do work. That was what I needed today, someone to talk to me and actually care about how I'm doing for once.