Toxic

Charles watches me as I get out of the water with a look of undeniable lust. "Hello Charles." I whisper as I lay down next to him in the grass. "Hello Angelina." His fingers intertwine through mine.

The others splash around and play loudly on the water. The fairies vanished instantly when they made their way over. I feel the pebbles in my other hand and smile.

"Angelina! Will you show us your tail?" Mariah asks as she screams from the water. "No!" I yell back as I prop myself up on my elbows. "Come on!" She pouts. "Sorry." I shrug.

Mariah frowns before attacking her friend playfully. I feel Charles pull my chin towards him by his finger. "Hi." He whispers. "Hi." I mumble softly. He kisses me gently, his lips mold against mine perfectly sending an earth shattering feeling through my body.

His thumb caresses my cheek softly as his arm wraps around my waist. "It's a little hot out here, isn't it?" I ask softly as my cheeks flame up. "It feels fine." He replies with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and push him away playfully. "What's it like to be able to understand them?" He asks me as he pulls me to him. "The faeries?" I ask. "Any of the sea life." He explains. "Indescribable. What is it like turning into a dragon?" I look up at him with a smirk. "I feel a hundred feet tall and invincible." He kisses my forehead softly.

I look out at the water and frown. "Charles." I feel my body tense. "Yeah?" I look at the empty bank and the empty lake. "Where are Mariah and her friends?" I ask softly. His face pales.

I am up instantly. I dive into the water and feel myself change. Ann and Marcus are tied at the bottom together, passed out. I untie them quickly. The bonds leave deep burns on my palms and anywhere else it touches.

I grimace and push them roughly to the top. My hands are torn and burned. What the hell is this shit?

I feel panick fall into the pit of my stomach as the lake comes up empty. As I begin to give up a decaying face appears in front of mine.

On instinct my magic reduces it to its natural state, causing it to fall to the bottom of the lake.

Mariahs passed out form rests in its grip. I quickly grab them both and put them on the bank. "What the hell Angie?" Charles asks as he looks at both of the bodies. "I couldn't let it taint the lake." I whisper as I watch Mariah.

Water spews from her mouth as her eyes fly open. My legs instantly return as my hands tremble.

Lesions cover my hands and legs from where it had touched my tail. "Shit." I whisper. "Mariah." Charles breathes out as he hugs onto her.

The other two, Ann and Marcus are resting on the other side. My mind races as I try to remember where I've seen the seaweed from.

Everything starts going foggy. I look at my legs and grimace. "Shit." I whisper once more. I successfully catch Charles attention this time. I feel my body grow weak as he rushes over to me. "What the hell happened to you?" He picks me up. "Mariah you can walk right?" He asks. She gives him a nod as she sits up.

I try to speak but words fail me. I can feel his panick as his pace quickens. I can see, hear, and feel, but I can't speak or move.

It's my own personal hell.

Whatever poisonus seaweed I touched seems to be my kryptonite. I can feel the burning spread of the poison flowing through my veins slowly.

I feel a sharp prick on arm then an annoying dizziness overcomes me. I feel my eyes slowly close as darkness overcomes me.

"Angelina." I feel a tight grip on my upper arm as Im dragged back. I meet the harsh eyes of ny father causing me to cower back. "Why are you out here?" He asks as he looks around.

The border of the quarter is empty at this time. Changing of the guards and all. "I wanted a bit of freedom." I explain softly. His eyes soften a bit as he nods slightly.

"Thats gillyshade Angelina, a dangerous paralytic poison to our kind. Never touch it." He warns.  The light green gillyshade disguises itself as seaweed.

"Your youth doesn't make you immune to its effects. Take care, go now before your mother notices your absence." He kisses my forehead before sending me off.

I feel the memory fade as my mind slowly awakes from the drugs that put it to sleep. If the doctors don't know of the gillyshade weed then I will be in this coma until the poison reaches my heart.

It is a slow acting toxin. I can feel its burn crawling through my veins like a million fire ants.

My eyes stay closed and my breathing stays even. There is nothing to indicate that I am aware of my surroundings.

My mother and her friend Yuralia helped injured warriors. We had breach one day and one of the warriors had been pushed into a gillyshade cluster. Their veins turned dark once they fell into a coma.

My mother and Yuralia created a cure from the weed the effects were immediately reversed. The man came out of the come within a few days.

"Do we know what happened?" Charles growls out angrily as metal clatters on the floor. The click of a door oopening sounds. "This happened when she was saving us." A soft voice whispers. "How do you know?" He growls out. "Before we lost concious, that corpse thing that dragged us under wrapped something around our ankles and wrists. It was strong enough that even we couldn't break it." She says. Her voice trembles as she speaks.

"Like rope or what? Give me details? My mate is poisoned and dying! Look at her!" He yells as a loud bang echoes through the room. "No-no! Li-like-like seaweed or kelp." She tries to get her words out. "Take turns diving the lake. I was down there with her. There was nothing like there. It was clean water." He orders.

The room stays silent for a brief second. "NOW!" He barks out causing feet to shuffle and doors to open and close.

Good job Charles. I will have to thank Ann if they find it in time.

_____________________________________________

~scarletbride30