Deal

(How I have been picturing Charles 🤷🏻‍♀️)^

I tap my fingers impatiently as thoughts cloud my brain. I can feel Charles watching me. His curiosity is suffocating me.

"What?" I snap as my eyes harden. His eyes widen as he flinches at my tone. "I'm sorry." I whisper.

"You were gone when I woke up." He says as he looks down at the papers on his desk. "Yeah." I tell him as I try to figure out a way to explain it to him.

My ex lover/mate who is a demigod told me that I am also a demigod and the only daughter of Poseidon? Great way to explain that to a temperamental shifter.

"I can tell there is something on your mind." He closes the folder and looks at me. His jaw is clenched and his eyes hold pure curiosity mixed with growing agitation.

"Well. There are many things on my mind. I found out that I am the daughter of a god which I still have no proof of. I also found out that I have an ex mate who almost got me killed by one of the gods and got my memories erased. My parents aren't my parents and my memories aren't my memories. So yes Charles. I do have alot on my mind."

His eyes shift to orange as he shakes his head and chuckles. "Ex mate. Daughter of a god?" He runs a hand through his hair as his veins glow.

"No one will take you from me." His voice is not his own. "I never said I was leaving." I tell him softly.

I grab his hand ignoring the heat emitting from it and look into his eyes. I watch as the fire in his veins travels up his neck to his face. "I feel nothing for that man." I whisper as I lean my forehead against his.

Steam radiates from his skin. Being close to him causes my skin to turn pink from the heat. "I am yours." I reassure.

His hands grip my waist tightly as his breathing slowly returns to normal. He pushes me against his desk roughly as his lips find mine.

My body immediately responds as shock resonates through me. His hands rip open my shirt before they find their way into my hair. "All mine." He growls out. "All yours." I whisper against his lips I undo his belt.

(A/N: I still haven't mastered the art of steamy scenes so your imagination can take it from there)

Charles throws me his shirt causing my cheeks to turn pink. "I kind of ripped yours." He smirks.

I roll my eyes and button it up before sliding my shorts on. "So what god is your father?" Charles asks. "Do you have to ask?" I watch the muscles in his back move as he buttons his pants. "Poseidon?" He asks.

"Yeah." I reply softly. "I didn't even know the gods were real." I tell him. "They are real, they don't come down much but they exist." He says shaking his head.

"If my mother knew who you were. You would be pawned off." Charles face contorts in anger. "Do you think your father knew?" I ask as he sits in his chair.

I sit on his lap as he thinks for a second. "I have no doubt he did." He tells me. "Thats why the water fairies helped you. They could feel who I was. It all makes so much sense now." I feel the confusion I felt over the years turn to anger.

Charles grabs my hand gently and kisses it. "At least we know that much now." I lean against him and sigh softly. "Now we know why there is a necromancer chasing me too."

"So many of our questions have been answered!" He smiles. "We still have the prophecy though." I remind him. He frowns at the memories. "Shit." He whispers softly.

He looks up at me and smiles. "I love you." My heart skips a beat in my chest casuing a small smile to appear. "I love you too."

"Have you made up with Mariah?" I ask. A low growl rumbles through his chest. "No." I scowl at him. "Well you should."

"Why should I? If it weren't for her you wouldn't have almost died." He says. The ager radiating off of him is unreal.

"Because she is your sister. She didnt put the seaweed there. She didn't put the undead dead man in the water to kill me. Her stubbornness may have put her there but she did kill me. Did you want me to let her die?" I ask my eyes lock with his.

"No." He says as sighs and runs a hand through his now messy hair. "Exactly. Either way the outcome would have been the same with Mariah and the others there or not. You need to forgive her." I whisper before kissing his cheek softly.

"I guess I'll try." He mutters like a child. "At least you'll give me that." I smile. "I can give you more than that." He smirks at me. "Oh shut up." I playfully slap his arm as I go to stand up.

He wraps his arm around my waist, successfully trapping me against him. "You have work to do." I tell him softly.

With me being sick he got none of the clan paperwork done. Which isn't good on his part. "Just a little longer." He pleads.

"Five minutes." His fingers intertwine with mine as a smile breaks onto his face. "I love it when our arrangements work." I roll my eyes as he kisses my cheek softly.

"I really thought you were going to die." He whispers after a minute. "I know, but I didn't. I would have missed this." I tell him. "Me too. I would have missed you." He kisses my shoulder sending warmth throughout my body.

"Let's make a pact. I live, you live. Got it?" He smiles. "Deal." He shakes my hand before kissing me softly. "Deal." I whisper.

_____________________________________________

~scarletbride30