What Am I?

"Angelina?" I look up to the voice and see Mariah standing at the end of the hall. Her face holds confusion.

"You can't be down here." She says softly. I look back towards the door before looking to her and going with her.

I haven't decided if I would come back to see the old man yet. I have so many questions for him.

"Sorry." I tell her as we go to her room. I sit on the floor against the wall. "What happened out there? A one week trip turned into a month." She tells me and I sigh. "It's a long story. You should ask your brother." I reply bitterly as she stares me down.

I get up and walk out leaving her by herself. We aren't friends but we aren't enemies either. I don't want to spill my guts to her, I barely know her. The only person I really know is Charles and he hurt me worse than anyone I have ever known.

"Angelina." I turn to see Charles standing there. "No." I tell him bluntly. "Angelina." He tries again as I walk down the stairs. "Go talk to your elf since you seem so close with her." I snap.

He flinches at my tone before grabbing my arm and pinning me to the wall, "listen to me dammit." He growls as his eyes glow orange.

They look exactly like the mans eyes upstairs. "Fine, let me go." I whisper as I feel his hot air on my cheek.

He lets me go and I bring my arms to my chest as my eyes fill with anger. He looks at me and sighs. "I'm sorry." He tells me sincerely. "Don't tell me your sorry." I tell him as he looks over at me.

"Why not?" He asks me. I reign in my emotions as I stand up tall, "don't try to be something you aren't." I tell him as I move down the last couple of steps.

He looks shocked and hurt. If he doesn't stop me before I walk out that door, I am not coming back.

"Angelina, please." He begs causing me to stop in my tracks. I turn towards him and my heart breaks more.

"I don't know why I didn't push her away." He replies honestly. "Well when you figure it out. Come find me." I tell him slamming the guest bedroom door.

I lean against the door and let out deep sigh. I end up crying myself to sleep and before I know it the sun is already up.

I sit up in the bed and run a hand through my hair. I can already feel the effect of not being near Charles and it isn't a fun feeling. I push open the door and notice the quiet house. Everyone must still be sleeping.

I make my way up a couple flights of stairs and walk down the hallway. "Angelina." I look to see Charles standing at the end of the hallway. I look towards the door and move down the hall. "Don't go in there." He says as I hear his footsteps hot on my trail.

I press my hand against the door as the symbols glow green. "ANGELINA." he yells as fear and anger forms in his eyes as he rushes towards me

The door clicks open and I push through it and close it as I place my hand on the door. The symbols glow red as it locks.

I take in a breath as I slide down the door. "Such a beautiful name." He mumble as the spins towards me. "Angelina." He nods his head.

"Malfieus." I say softly. "Your heart is still broken." He tells me. "Sadly it is." I reply.

The door shakes but no sound is heard as Charles tries to get in. "Why can't he get in?" I ask him and he grins. "Who?" I eye him carefully, "Charles."

"Charles." He repeats and I nod, "why does he not want me in here?" I ask him. "Monsters." He tells me. "Monsters?" I ask. "Everyone is a monster, but I can sense you're different and so does the door." He tells me as his eyes meet mine.

"Odd." I mumble. "What food have you brought me today young fish?" He asks

"How did you know?" I ask as I give him the fruit from my bag. "You have a kind heart." He tells me. "Others only see me as they think I am, you see me as I truly am." He tells me.

"What are you?" I ask him as I cross my legs. "What are you?" He counters back resting his elbow on the arm of the wheelchair.

I lean back my eyes never leaving his. "Touché." I say softly.

He has a mischievous glint in his eyes, "I must say, I am pleasantly surprised you came back." Malfieus tells me. "I am too." I reply and he chuckles.

"You have magic in you and a magnificent light. Don't let them break you or blow out your light Angelina." He tells me softly.

I place my hand on his softly and he smiles but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. "I have to go." I tell him. "Yes, you better be on your way before your mate breaks down my precious door." He says with a slight smirk.

My hand leaves his as I move towards the door and open it. I lock it behind me and find Charles sitting there with his head in his hands. His eyes snap up as he hears the door click.

"Do you have a fucking death wish?" He asks as anger floods through his eyes. I ignore him and walk past him.

He grabs my arm and pins me to the wall, "you want to know why I kissed her? She put a potion in my drink that made her look like you." He mumbles.

His eyes hold betrayal and hurt. "How do I know it's the truth?" I ask him. "I am not like those other men. I am strong and would never cheat on my mate. She made me feel weak and vulnerable." He says as disgust fills his voice.

"Why don't you want me going in that room?" I ask him.

He clenches his jaw as he looks to the floor then back up to me. "That's my father."

_____________________________________________

~scarletbride30