Enchanted

He looks confused and dazed before he looks me over. "Me?" He asks as his eyes bore into mine.

"Yes." I say as the pain increases and hurt radiates not only through my body but my heart. Mates are supposed to love one another, not burn each other to a crisp. "I would never hurt you." He says matter of factly.

I scoff and stand up shakily. "Well there is no one else here, your eyes went white and you started shaking and your veins were glowing and you had these long black claws and all your rage was directed at me. I didn't make the deer run off." I say as my anger rises.

"I wasn't mad about the deer. It ran off then I find you here with arm burned." He replies harshly making me flinch.

"You think I did this to myself! YOU DID THIS!" I yell as I feel myself losing control once more.

He stays silent and looks down. I close my eyes and take in a breath. "Just take me back Charles." I say looking back up.

He turns and walks away and I follow closely behind him staggering slightly. Blood seeps through my shirt and my brows furrow. I raise my shirt lightly to see three claw marks. How did I not notice this before?

I push down my shirt and take in a breath. Don't panic. Charles keeps moving forward staying silent. Did he really not know that he did this?

I feel myself get dizzy and try to keep my eyes open. The trees spin around me and I notice Charles get further away. I push through the pain and try catching up with him. My vision splits and everything doubles. Two Charles, two trees, two of everything. Which is the real one?

We make it to the clearing and I feel my stomach ache as the pain finally hits me and the adrenaline leaves my body. "Charles." My voice is soft as I stumble and I see the ground rushing to meet me before landing on the grass as my body gives out and I fall into a soothing darkness.

****

"I did this." I hear his deep voice. "Charles, you didn't mean to. Did you lose control?" I hear a feminine voice ask.

"No, I don't know what happened. I was there one minute and then gone the next. What if she dies?" He asks his voice cracking. "She won't die, the venom from your claws didn't reach her heart. I think I know what happened. Please take off your shirt." She tells him and I pull my eyes open.

The dark-haired woman was inspecting his back thoroughly and Charles had his eyes closed. his muscles tensed as she ran her hand over his back. "You were enchanted, by someone very powerful." She explains her hands dropping to her sides.

"How do you know?" I ask my throat dry making my voice harsh. Her blue eyes meet mine and she smiles. "He has the markings. Magic like that usually leaves a mark. See?" She says as she turns his back towards me and I see many different symbols that have already started to fade.

"We healed you the best we could, your burns are gone and as for the marks on your stomach. Those should be gone in about a day. Your kind heals quickly." She says as she takes my temperature and Charles puts his shirt back on.

His intense eyes stare into mine as she checks over her paperwork. "Your temperature is normal, so you can go. I really don't want to see you back in here again Mistress." She says patting my arm. "Thank you Dr. Ann." He says and she nods smiling.

We sit in silence for a couple of minutes as I get dressed. His eyes are cast down and I turn to look at him. The silence is suffocating.

"I heard what she said." I tell him and he looks back at me. "I know." Is all he says and I take in a breath before nodding and moving towards the door. My stomach aches slightly but not enough to bother me.

"I'm sorry." He says as I put my hand on the handle. "It wasn't your fault." I tell him and I hear him take in a sharp breath. "I still hurt you." He counters. "Not knowingly." I reply and open the door ending the conversation.

He follows me out and takes a hold of my hand gently. His eyes are gazing steadily ahead as we walk to the house. "Did I say anything?" He asks me as his eyes stay forward.

I look down and nod. "Yes." I say hoping he will leave it at that. "What was it?" He questions. Stubborn man. "You called me an abomination." I tell him and I feel his grip tighten as he stops in his tracks.

I know it wasn't him but the fact it came from his lips shattered my heart and I barely even know the man. "You're not an abomination." He tells me. "You don't know everything." I respond and push the door to the house open. "Then tell me?" He asks and I keep silent. "Are you mad at me Angelina?" He asks as I sit on the couch. "No, I'm just tired." I say grabbing the soft blue blanket off the back of the couch.

"I'm sorry for being so distant. I am not used to these feelings." He tells me sitting next to me. "What feelings?" I ask as his warmth pulls me in and I place my head on his shoulder. "Warm feelings." He explains.

"You're a dragon shifter." I say bluntly. "Yet, I'm only warm on the outside." He says as his fingers play with mine.

"We are complete opposites." He tells me. "It's a good thing opposite attract then." I tell him as I feel my eyes droop. "I will find who did this and they will pay with their life. We will figure out our next move." He promises as he kisses my forehead.

"Thank you for not killing me." Iwhisper as I feel my eyes close and sleep takes me.

_____________________________________________

~scarletbride30