Chapter 2, Worse

• Dedicated to Luna Minnaar

Thanks for coming back! I love you all! Chapter 2!

Chapter 2, Worse

I woke up in the morning in my fathers arms. I can't describe the feeling of disgust that coursed through my body as soon as I woke up. Yuk. He was still asleep and snoring loudly. He had raped me last night. Stating it like that didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought. When I started adding emotions and memories to the statement made it hurt though. So I decided I'd try not think of it. Anything to numb the sensation of utter revolt and disgust.

It became a circle. He would drink beer all day and when I came home he'd start hitting and screaming filthy insults and at night he would rape me. I shivered. The house was cold, and if all you had was a t-shirt, it was a little cold... I shot a glance at the clock. Great. It was 6 in the morning. I gently lifted myself out of my dad’s firm grasp. I went upstairs to shower. I undressed and looked at my body in the mirror. It was all blue and purple. I sighed. I couldn't join gym like this... The bruises were all over where he had hit me. The worst ones were on my shoulders. And then I looked at my face. NO! There was one bruise on the side of my face, which looked awful. I would have to think of something to say to Brynn and the others. I stepped into the shower. Maybe the warm water would calm me. I turned the water on. It was ice cold. I was shivering. Quickly, I stepped out of the shower, searching for a towel. O, and of course didn't have one. In the end I used a spare t-shirt to dry myself. I would catch a cold if I went on like this! I put my hair in a sloppy ponytail. I put on my jumper, you could barely see the bruises, and went downstairs. Dad probably wouldn't wake up until noon. That was the good thing. I opened the fridge. It was empty. I decided I would go to a bakery and get some food. I took some of the money I had and left the house. I stepped into the cold snow. Nearly immediately, my sneakers were soaked in cold snow. I jogged to the bakery which was 10 blocks further. I bought a sandwich and walked through town a little. When I finished I started the walk to school. I jogged it so I would keep warm, deep in thought. Making up an excuse for the bruise on my face. I figured something out. I would say that I fell in the snow on the sidewalk. That would do it. I reached the school, of course way too early, but I couldn't bear being at home either... Nobody else was there yet, only the geeks and nerds. I went inside, because standing outside was just a little cold. I went to my locker and got my books. I chose a comfy place and just sat on the floor studying. I heard laughter and looked up. O no! The football team! Uh-oh! I gathered my stuff and tried to get up and run before the could reach me. But I wasn't in time. They came over to me, they were with probably 8 boys.

"Hey, new kid! Wait up!" one of them yelled. I took a deep breath and stopped. They walked up to me and surrounded me, so I was in the middle. O god.

"So, where ya from, babe?" another one asked.

"I am NOT you're 'babe'" luckily my voice was solemn.

"Oooh..sexy!" the first one said. The others laughed. I tried to break through them. But they were too strong. This was endless!

"Hey, where ya going, babe?" the other said. He slammed me against the lockers. I moaned in pain. I hit my head quite hard. I saw the walls turning.

"Leave her alone." a cold voice said. I couldn't recognize who it was. I just barely saw the boys scatter backwards. "Come on!" the same voice said and dragged me away from them. I squealed. His or her hand was just were the big bruise on my shoulder was. Like he (I found out is was a he) could read my thoughts. I looked up and nearly immediately stopped walking when I saw it was the incredibly hot Edward Cullen.

"Where are we going?" my voice was soft and rough.

"The nurse." he answered short. He gently pushed me forwards.