Chapter 13, Anger

• Dedicated to Danie Sahne

Helloooooo fans/readers! Thanks for coming back! You guys made me reach 8500 reads, my friends have promised to throw a party when we reach 10000!! See if we can get there!? Keep vote, commenting and fanning and make my story win a Watty! Here is chapter 13!

Chapter 13, Anger

No. No. NO! I sucked in a sharp breath and took a hesitant step back.

"I'm sorry, why are you here?" Esme said, a little harsh. The smile I knew way too well appeared on his face.

"I'm here to collect my daughter." He said, taking a step inside. I whimpered, taking a step back.

Esme blocked his way. "I'm sorry, this is my daughter." He stopped to look at me.

"What?!?" His voice was raising. "You ADOPTED her?!!?" Esme nodded hesitantly.

"Yes.." He stormed past her and smacked me across the face. My face was burning and I fell to the floor.

"You bitch! You got adopted? You didn't like me enough? Ahh, poor you!" He smacked me again and I couldn't stop coughing. Esme stood there, struck by horror. He grabbed his famous knife from his pocket. Esme gasped and jumped towards him. I tried to roll away, but apparently not quick enough. An incredible pain shot through my leg. I looked at it to see his knife, deep in my calf. I screamed and rolled over. No! He was not ruining it all again! He had took my childhood, my mom, and all my dreams away. I wouldn't let him take the one thing I had, my family. I tried to think how to escape. Blood was dripping down my legs onto the ground. His scent was killing, the fume of beer coming from him. His face came closer to mine, just an inch away.

"You didn't think I wouldn't come, did you know?" A shiver went down my spine. I glanced up at Esme, who was still frozen. Her eyes were pitch black and her hand was covering her mouth. Uh-oh. My father following my stare and grinned the grin that was burned into my memory.

"Oh, did I tell you about her?" He asked, addressing Esme. She moved again, looking at my dad. Confusion crossed her face. "Oh, she didn't?" He snickered and my eyes went wide. What more details did he have on my life? Would he actually take me back? His eyes met mine again. I whimpered. "Evenlyn, you didn't tell this nice lady that you killed your mother? I'm sure she would like to know that, right?" Esme gasped and so did I. I was furious.

"That isn't true! You know it isn't!" Esme looked at me, shocked and surprised. My dad looked satisfied. "Esme, believe me! It isn't true! I would never ever kill my mother!"

My dad laughed. "Your little adopted murderer. Ah, how cute! Now, are you coming home, darlin'?" I cringed away as I thought of a way to run, to escape. His knife ran down my arm, leaving it bleeding. "Hurry up, you little bitch!" He put me on my feet and pricked with the knife in my back. I just possibly couldn't keep myself together.

"Esme, please! Don't listen to him! No!" Esme didn't move an inch, she looked like she wasn't event present. My head couldn't wrap around the fact that she wasn't doing anything. My dad's knife pricked into my flesh, a fresh trail of blood running down my back. His car was just 20 feet away and I knew I had to run. I turned around once more and broke into a run, I headed for the woods behind the house. My dad wasn't quick enough to catch up. The pain in my calf was unbearable as I ran to the forest. Tears were running down my face and I let out cries of pain. I ran between the trees as far as I could possibly bear. I fell down with my face onto the ground and a sob erupted from my chest. Soon more followed and I was shaking uncontrollably. I looked down at my calf, which was covered in blood and laying in the dirty mud. I pulled my knees up to my chest and laid there, sobbing. My calf was stinging and my head hurt. I wondered how long it would take to die out here. You know, just die and escape. Just run. Just flee, flee from all the emotions, every problem in my messed-up life. I know that it would hurt, maybe even more than losing Meadow, but I would have peace. Little snowflakes drifted down in the ice-cold wind, gently covering me as a blanket. I was freezing but I didn't care. I deserved to die. A 14 year old shouldn't go on with this life. And I'd end it. The snow was falling quicker and quicker, covering me up in a layer of crystal-white flakes. I thought of the happy moments of my life. There weren't much, but still enough to remember. I remember my mom, baking cookies, with a gorgeous smile on her face. A memory of me, on a swing, my mom pushing me, her laughter all around me. The moment Carlisle and Esme told me they were adopting me, Emmett throwing me into the pool. Shopping with Nessie and Esme, Alice doing my hair. All of those memories were filled with love and happiness. But those memories were nothing in comparison with the memories that were the complete opposite. All the horrible moments of my life took over my mind, making me live through it all once more. The nightmares, the nights, the hitting, the knife, the loss, the pain, the hurt, all bottled up deep inside me. Fresh tears dripped from my face, making holes in the snow. I was completely covered in the flakes. The life was slowly draining from me. I was frozen and I closed my eyes. My breaths came slower and slower. Still I kept wondering what Esme was doing, what all the Cullens were doing. I wondered if Edward would be listening.