Chapter 17, Confession

• Dedicated to Luna Minnaar

So, new chapter guys! Haha, so, what's Carlisle gonna doooo? Read it only here:

Chapter 17, Confession

Carlisle sat down in the big chair behind the desk. He looked at me. I couldn't look him straight in the eyes so I gazed at my hands. He started writing something down on a scrap of paper. I was playing with my shirt as the seconds went by. He handed me the piece of paper. In neat handwriting it said:

Evenlyn,

I am not mad at you, no worries. Emmett and Jasper got in bigger trouble at school. But Esme told me they were betting again. This time on how I would react to what happened this time. I have decided to play their game. Do not listen to anything I am about to say, I don't mean a thing of it, I made sure Edward can't read my mind, thanks to Bella. And neither can he read yours. Let's pull a prank to get those boys back. You don't have to play along, but it is time my sons learn not to mess with me. I know they are listening and I told Esme about my plan over the phone. Do not listen to me.

I smirked and suppressed a giggle. God, this is going to be so much fun. I pulled a straight face and decided to kick it up a notch.

"Evenlyn, what were you thinking!?!" Carlisle boomed at me. I flinched. "This is exactly how our secret could be exposed! It is too dangerous to get in trouble like you did today! It is unacceptable!" I faked a sob.

"I'm sorry! Carlisle, I really am! I never meant to.." I let a tear roll down my face. Carlisle looked at me in disbelief. I think he didn't get why I was playing his game.

"Evenlyn, I can't tolerate this! Maybe that principal was right and maybe you are too emotionally unstable to go to school!" He half yelled. I let another sob come. I decided to make it even better.

"I can't help it! Carlisle, you of all people should understand! You said it this morning! I'm human!" I whispered.

"Well maybe that is the problem." Carlisle spat. I smiled at him. He grinned back at me. Just then, in that split second, I decided to storm out. I jumped up and burst through the door. I caught Jasper and Emmett outside the door and stormed past them. Then Esme played her part. She came upstairs and followed me.

"Evenlyn! Please! Wait!" I stormed into my room and closed the door. I locked it and sat down on the bed. Esme knocked on the door. "Evenlyn!" She begged.

"Grandma, what's going on?" Ness said.

"Your granddad was talking to Evenlyn about the incident at school." Esme said.

"Dude, I so won. He DID kick her ass." Jasper said. Emmett groaned.

"I wanna see the outcome first." Emmett said quickly. I faked crying and if I may say so, I played it nicely.

"Carlisle, Nessie can show you what happened!" Edward said, joining the conversation. I think the whole family was outside my door by now.

"Family meeting in the living room." Carlisle announced. "That includes you too, Evenlyn." He said in a deep voice through my door. When I thought that they were all gone I grabbed Renesmee's mascara and put it on, faked some tears and it looked as if I had cried. I headed downstairs to the living room. Everyone was on the humungous couch. Esme took me in her arms in the big cozy chair. I could feel all eyes on me. I whimpered. Carlisle stood up.

"Thank you, Evenlyn, you were amazing." I smiled at his generous compliment. I wiped the fake tears away.

"Wait! You mean that all was an act?" Emmett half shouted. "Dude! We thought you'd rip out her throat at some point!" I giggled.