Chapter 10, Nightmare

Im so happy! We reached over 3000 reads! Thanks so much! Here it is:

Chapter 10,nightmare

That night I had a nightmare, I always have them, but this time was worse.

I look up to the sky, a deep blood-red sky. And the sun is black, releasing a strange glow instead of normal light. There are black clouds swirling in the sky. I'm not in the city anymore; I'm in a field, running from the darkness. The darkness that is like pure acid. Acid that can kill merciless. A little girl of no more than five years of age is with me. She has long blond hair that flow down her back in curls and glowing blue eyes. I do not know her name nor have I ever seen her before now, but I somehow knew it was her, my baby. I am trying to help her. She is so small and innocent. We are, both of us, in this field that is occupied by a mass of dead bodies. Dead bodies lay in heaping piles and completely surround us. We are running endlessly over the decaying corpses. Meadow then trips and the force of the fall rips her hand away from mine. I want to stop to help her, but the darkness is already surrounding us. I try and pull her up but her body went limp in my arms. I screamed in pure agony. There is nothing to be done, I didn't save her. Her blue eyes open and looked at me, filled with hope. I decided to take her with me. Too late... As she finally manages to stand, and with a wave of tears streaming down her angelic face, the darkness covers her unprotected body. I know I should run, so I wouldn't die myself. I just couldn't. She lets out torturous screams of terror as her tiny body is instantly overwhelmed by the excruciating pain. I try to reach for her but it was like grasping in thin air. Her screaming is so blood curdling and agonizing. No one should ever have to suffer like that, and this was my daughter! I tried to help her and scream her name endlessly and try to pull her out but nothing I can do. I feel so powerless as I was am forced to watch in horror how my child is dying. It was as I was dying on the inside. The darkness rips through her soft young flesh, blood pouring down her arms like a red waterfall. I scream in agony, as she cries out 'Mommy!' and I stand there powerless as she continues to shriek in torment. I fell down to my knees, my tears pouring down my face as I watch in the severe pain that my baby is in. Then she was gone. I scream in terror as I see that she isn't with me anymore. Out of the darkness appeared the face I never hoped to see again.

"You thought you could run from me, bitch?" He laughed. I backed away.

"You!" I yelled. He took a step closer. I whimpered.

"Evenlyn, you are a selfish bitch!!" He screamed and took his knife from his pocket.

"You killed her! You killed my child!" Tears continued to run down my cheeks in an endless river. A whizz and then unbelievable pain. Another knife. But now straight in my stomach. I scream but know that this is nothing compared to what my baby had gone through. I had to kill him, for her.

"Now, die! You are not worth to be here, nor your damn fucking child!" He spat in my face, as he walked towards me. I sank to the ground, my free hand clenching the knife that had pierced my stomach.. Blood dripped down my body onto the green grass. I tried to get up. I had been unable to protect her. The blackness was embracing me, lurking behind us, waiting for my dad to finish. I tried to get up, but the pain held me back. My dad had now reached me. I pulled the knife out of my stomach and scream in severe pain. Blood stains my clothes. He disappeared into the darkness and came back with my child's lifeless body.

"Stupid child" He spat in my face and he took his knife and ran it down the my baby's body. I just then I noticed that she was conscious. She was alive! Dad nearly pricked through her soft skin.

"Stop, stop, stop!!!" I screamed. "Kill me! Kill me! Don't hurt her, please, don’t hurt her!" I yelled. An evil, cruel grin crept onto his face.

"With pleasure!" He said and he stabbed my body. I felt the life draining from my body, but knew it had good reason. My baby would live. The last thing I saw was him stabbing the chest of my little girl. I screamed as my hand stretched towards her. Suddenly I woke up with a shock, tears pouring down my face. Then I saw Carlisle besides me. I clasped his shirt, screaming hysterically.