LAST DAY

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN/LAST DAY

Today was our last day in Mexico and Louis and I had been avoiding Brian and Tyler for the past three days. But today the production had something planned for the eight of us.

Each couple had to go to the beach in swimsuits, the producers had set a big beautiful tent on the sand for us to chill there. Some chairs and food were also set for us.

Cory and Jonah weren't very talkative today, they were pretty much snogging in front of the cameras, far from the rest of the group.

Louis and I tried to talk only to Nick and Lionel, but of course Brian did his best to interrupt us. Tyler didn't look very happy though. He was quite isolated from the group.

Brian took one of the chairs and placed it next to Louis.

Louis noticed how I tensed when Brian sat down next to him. So he turned to me, giving Brian his back, and surrounded my waist with his arms, while he tangled his legs with mine as well. He pecked my chest slightly.

"Relax, Harold." - He whispered and I melted under his touch.

We continued paying attention to the conversation with Lionel.
Eventually we changed the subject and I got bored.

"Baby, I'll go swimming. Want to come?"

"The sun is still too high, maybe later."

"I don't want to leave you with him." - I lowered my voice.

"I can look after myself. Just go swimming. I'll watch you from here."

I cupped his jaw and captured his lips. He giggled into the kiss, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'll call your name if I need something, go enjoy yourself, baby."

"One more kiss." - I leaned over him again and pecked his lips.

"Enough?" - He giggled.

"For now."

I broke the grip and headed to the sea.

I dive into the turquoise water, washing the sweat off my body. I floated around, feeling the warm weather and the cold water melting, giving the perfect combination around me.
Sometimes I feel like I belong here, I belong to the ocean. It's my favorite place, I feel safe, and it gives me comfort. I just wished Louis was there with me.

I got out of my thoughts when I heard shouts coming from the tent. I rushed outside of the ocean and ran to where the shouting was coming from.

"How could you?!" - Tyler was yelling.

"Ty, calm down." - Brian said.

"No! Why would I? You just tried to kiss him! In front of me. We are supposed to be engaged and…"

I got closer to Louis from his back and leaned over his ear.

"What happened?"

"Wait." - He whispered while he kept listening.

"I'm not going to continue with this." - Tyler said.

"But wait…"

"No, Brian. You're not what I want. And clearly you don't want me either."

He took his things and walked away from the tent.

"Louis…" - Brian said.

"What? I thought I made myself clear before." - Louis sharply answered.

I didn't understand what was happening, the other couples were also staring at the whole situation, and I was just standing there, all damp after swimming, by Louis' side trying to figure out what I had missed.