DAY ONE

CHAPTER ONE/DAY ONE
Harry's POV.

I was quite nervous as I entered my apartment for the first time. I left my suitcase over the couch and I wandered around for a couple of minutes. There was a little kitchen, a big bed in the middle of the room, the couch and a little door which I guessed was the bathroom.

They had taken away our phones and any other communications with the outside world. From now on, the following ten days I'm on my own. No Instagram, no Twitter, no more video calls with my mom or my sister.

I'm a participant in this experiment, and I'm going to enjoy as much as I can, and hopefully find a man who wants to marry me without being carried away by appearances.

They didn't give any indication for now, so I just started to take my things out of the suitcase, trying to make myself comfortable in my new and temporary apartment.

I was putting my hair conditioner inside the bathroom when a woman started speaking through the speakers of the room.

"Welcome to Love is Blind! This year we have the only man special. I can see that you're all very excited and I'm sure you all want to start dating, am I right? But first, let me explain to you how this works. There's sixteen men now, every single one of you is going to live in one individual apartment.
To talk and get to know each other, we have the 'pods'. You can use them from ten in the morning till eight pm. You can ask for the person you want to meet, but only if that person accepts to talk to you back. Today as it is the first day, you have to go through every one of them. From tomorrow you are able to choose who you want to date.
I highly recommend that you bring some notebook to the pods today, you can ask the other person everything you want, you have to know them to be able to make such an important decision as marriage.
The 'pods' are cubicles where you can sit and spend as much time as you want talking with the other person behind the tinted glass. Quick reminder, you can't ask about appearance questions, the experiment is about falling in love by conversation.
Everything you need, we are here to help you. Now, you can go to the pods and start dating!"

I freaked out. I didn't expect they were going to send us to the pods that quickly.
I knew the other person wasn't going to see me, but yet I pulled on some good clothes, took my notepad and left the apartment.

One producer guided me through some hallways and I entered one of the pods, as I waited there I heard some noises from behind the opaque glass.

"Hello?" - I said, waiting for an answer.

"Wow, nice voice. Hello, I'm John."

"Harry." - I said and sat down on the sofa, staring at the tinted glass while taking notes of John's name.

"This is weird." - He started.

"Yes."

"Do you have any questions to ask me?"

"Sure. So, John. How old are you?"

"32. You?"

"Oh, okey, I'm 23."

"23 and you are already thinking about marriage?"

"Yeah, I'm a romantic type of guy, I think."

"God, I thought people here were going to be older."

"Sorry?"

"No, it's ok. It's just that you are really young."

"Love doesn't have age." - I said.

"Wow, wait Lion." - He giggled and I laughed.

"Didn't mean it that way."

"Sure, You have great humor Harry, I can tell."