Twenty-Three

A/N: WOOHOO. OUT-OF-NOWHERE-CHAPTER. Love you all.(: Merry (late) Christmas and have a Happy New Year, you amazing and beautiful people. xx Amanda

- Ben's POV -

- 1 Week Since Break-In -

November 23

Buzz. Buzz.

I dug into my back pocket, squirming a bit. Who could possibly be calling at this hour?! Honestly! It's six fucking A.M.

I squinted and read the contact. Lacey. Frowning, I pressed answer and put her on speaker. Since I was far too tired to hold my phone, I simply rested it on my chest.

"Hello?" I mumbled. This better be important.

"Ben... I-I have something to tell you." She stuttered. Her voice was raspy and filled with pain.

I was immediately on my feet, flailing to grab my phone which I'd momentarily forgotten was on my chest.

I quickly picked it up and held it to my ear, slipping my shoes on. By the sound of her raw voice, she needed comforting.

"W-what are you doing?" She'd either been crying, or was crying.

"Getting dressed, I'm coming over, obviously."

"No." I was shocked by her firm tone. Was she mad at me? What for?

"No?" I repeated. Her response was a shaky 'mhmm'.

"Ben, I can't... We can't be together anymore." I froze.

Did she just say... Is she...? No, I couldn't have heard her right. Either my hearing is going, or she's joking. She can't be serious.

"C-could you... Repeat that?" My body was beginning to tremble, as was my voice. Why was I reacting like this? How could I let myself fall so hard? She deserves way better than me, and somehow, I knew this was coming.

"It's over, Ben," she whimpered,"I'll miss you." She whispered, mostly to herself, it seemed. I heard a click and I went numb.

It only took a split second for my heart to be ripped out. Fuck, Ben, you fucking idiot! You fell so hard... My whole body suddenly hurt. All the healing wounds on my body felt as if they'd just happened seconds ago. But the cuts and bruises weren't what hurt the most. My heart - as lame as it may sound - was what hurt the most.

I fell back onto my bed, clutching my head, which suddenly felt as if it'd been set ablaze. And I did something I hadn't done since I was a child.

I cried.

(A/N: ^ that was so cliché omg i can't.)

- Lacey's POV -

I was bawling. My whole body was numb. It felt as if a part of me was ripped out, leaving me with an incomplete feeling. The only man I'll ever love. I had to do it, though. It was for his and the band's safety, and it wasn't permanent. I could only hope that he'd forgive me. Slowly, I wiped my tears away.

I had other things to do though.

I slowly stood from my bed and called out,"Peter, could you come here, please?" and within seconds, he was standing in my doorway. I smiled weakly at him and walked up to him.

"Yes, Lacey?" He asked, sounding slightly nervous. Hesitantly, I grabbed one of his large hands and played with his long, slender fingers. He's got really soft hands... Which I wasn't used to. Ben had calloused, rough hands. Shut up, shut up! Stop thinking about him, you idiot!

"Er, Ben and I just broke up." I mumbled, and I heard his breathing pick up. He looked down at me, aqua eyes filled with confusion and... Relief? Bitch.

"Why?" His voice came out a bit huskies than before, and his eyes clouded over as he licked his lips.

"Be-because... I want you, not him." I lied, not believing what I was saying. I'm fucking horrible person, oh my God.

His lips twitched up into a satisfied smirk.

"I knew you'd finally realize I'm better then that guitar-playing cunt." I couldn't help but mentally crack up. Peter played the guitar a lot too.

"Yeah, I don't know why it took me so long." Holy shit, you're going to hell, Lacey.

"Now I can finally do this." He growled out, lust clear in his voice. Suddenly, his lips were on mine and I felt slightly sick. I had no choice but to kiss back. Yes, definitely going to hell.

~x~X~x~

- Danny's POV -

Shit. My plan is now ruined. Lacey dropped Ben and got with 'crazy', aka Peter.

How could she? I'd never EVER - as corny as this sounds - seen two people as in love as Ben and Lacey. Blacey... That's right, A COUPLE NAME.

Calm the fuck down Danny, I mentally scolded myself. I was acting like an excited 16 year old for fuck's sake.

I still didn't understand, though. Why would Lacey get with Peter? I'll have to talk to her about that later. For now, I must save my dear Ben from drowning in his own tears.

He had a good reason to cry.

He just lost the love of his life...

-------------

A/N: OMG. Sorry, it's short as hell... Btw you guys, there's only a couple chapters left. Don't ask for an exact number because I'm not even sure yet, just be warned that... THE END IS NEAR.

Kbye.

A.D. xx