Three

Chapter 3

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through the contacts until I got to Shawn's name.

He took forever to pick up, like always.

"Hello?" he answered, mouth obviously full with some sort of unhealthy food.

"Um, okay first, swallow your food."

....

"Okay, so what is it, Lacey?"

"Where are you? There's gonna be bad traffic in a little if we don't leave, like, now." I exclaimed, free arm flailing. I'm sure I

"I'm sitting right behind you, sherlock."

I spun around, and saw him shove another mound of food in his mouth.

---------------

We pulled up and it was 2 in the morning.

I knew there was going to be traffic, and that slowed us down. ALOT.

I was really tired, so I went straight to bed. I didn't even have the energy to change.

--------------------------------------------------------------Next Day-------------------------------------------------------

I was eating a granola bar, and all of a sudden my phone buzzes and it was from an unknown number.

I knew it was Ben, though.

"Ello?" I could tell he was tired.

"Hey, you sound exhausted. You alright?"

"Yeah, just got shitfaced last night and my head hurts like a motherfucker." He grumbled.

"Oh, well just take it easy."

"Thanks, so how you doin'? Can I come see you, or something?"

"Um, that depends. You're not going to kill me or anything, right?" I joked. His deep, sexy chuckle rumbled through the phone, sending strange tingles into my fingertips.

"Of course not, who would kill sucha' gorgeous girl?"

I felt my face begin to burn, obviously as red as a firetruck.

Something about him, and the way he said things made me feel completely perfect, that's not weird, right? ...

"Hellooooo?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave him our address.

"Wait... You live on my street."

I nearly fell out my chair.

"Whoa, for reals?"

"Yeah, I can literally just walk right over."

"Alright, see you in a bit."

"Yeah."

As soon as the call ended, I began to panic. I had to look decent.

I ran up to my room and put on a tank-top, shorts, and some black vans. I fixed my hair and put on some eyeliner and I heard him knock on the door.

"I got it, Shawn!" I screamed, racing out of my room.

I ran down the stairs and unlocked the door, and let him in.

He smiled at me and ran a hand through his full, light brown hair. God, he's so perfect, it's not even fair.

"Hey beautiful, got dolled up for me?" He said, sending a playful wink my way.

"Definitely. Hey, I was still In pajamas when you called."

"That's so cute, you getting all ready for me, but I don't care how you're dressed, you're beautiful."

"Do you want to go over to my place? The guys are there, too."

"Sure, let's go."

"Alright." He grabbed my hand and we walked over to his house.

I could tell this was going to be interesting.