⚠️ Chapter 4: Tangled Up ⚠️

Error POV

Something was off...I just knew it. I felt as though this killer was close to me, like, if I talked to anyone they would come up missing...it was a little upsetting. 

I couldn't place who it was. I had a little suspicion of maybe a sans but more than that, I couldn't think about it much, the person certainly knew what they were doing, I'll give them that much credit.

I was following Dream when suddenly, behind me, Nightmare appeared with Killer at his side, loyal as a dog. Not that Killer minded.

I turned to look at them, having already sensed something was off about this whole situation.

"Nightmare?" I ask, forgetting about Dream temporarily. "What're you doing here?" I ask him.

"Something's not right. I talked to the boys about this 'killer' that seems to be going around making what they please of the AUs and it doesn't add up. It's not any of the boys or any of their friends...I don't get who could be doing it."

"Don't find out..." Fresh mutters, Epic stood at his side and Dream on the other side.

"What?" Nightmare asks him, confused.

"Don't find out who it is. They might hurt you, or someone you care about." Fresh nods to Killer, for Nightmare to take a hint. Nightmare tensed up, putting a protective arm around Killer's shoulder.

"Nothing will happen to Killer. I know he can handle himself, he wouldn't be my number one if he couldn't." Nightmare harshly responded. Killer stayed quiet.

"How do you know that for sure?" Fresh snapped back. Nightmare got quiet.

"So, you do know the killer? Tell us, Fresh! We can stop them together!" Dream pleaded. "It's not a good thing for them to be running around murdering anyone they feel like!"

"I...can't..." Fresh mutters, looking down at the ground. Epic frowns at bit.

"Why not, bruh? Have they got something against you?"

"Someone," Killer responds.

"Someone?" Epic asks. Killer nods.

"Exactly, this Killer...they're smart. So, they'll go after the ones that know their identity and hold their most valuable thing against them, as a threat. So, I'm guessing- Fresh, this killer, you know their identity and so they're using Decans as a threat?" Killer asks.

Nightmare looks a proud of Killer, Dream was shocked. Fresh nodded, Epic stayed quiet once more in a deep train of thought. How could they possibly stop this killer?

"Don't be so shocked, I'm a killer myself. It's common sense to want to keep your secret identity. You don't want people to use that certain someone or something against you."

"Right..." Dream says, shaking his head and snapping out of it. He looked at Killer once more, wondering if Killer could possibly be of any help to them, on catching this newly found killer. There had to be a pattern within the murders, right?

"Is there a pattern? Maybe we could catch this killer and use bait?"

I shivered a bit, Dream must've noticed.