𝟒.𝟏𝟔 𝐍𝐨 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

The first time Jules met Erica, she was just a girl who wanted to feel normal

The first time Jules met Erica, she was just a girl who wanted to feel normal. Her seizures didn't help her situation, but to Jules none of that mattered. All she saw was a girl who needed a friend, someone who wasn't gonna treat her like trash that you could toss away at any moment.

So when Jules saw Erica again, it was like all the memories came rushing back to her, and in that moment Jules wished this was the world she was living. But to her dismay this was just the picture she painted in her head.

"You're not real." Jules tells Erica with disappointment laced in her voice. Erica simply smiled at her. "No Jules, but the lessons you'll learn from us today are very much real, and they're gonna stick with you forever."

"Us? Who else is here?" Jules asks the girl who simply smiles and starts walking down the next hallways. "You'll see." Erica tells her as Jules begins to follow her, all of a sudden not being in the hallway but in the school gym.  Erica suddenly stopped along with Jules, both girls watching as Ericas human self tried climbing up the wall, which she had previously failed at.

"What is this? Why are we here?" Jules asks the Erica as they watch the girl fall on the floor, shaking as she was having a seizure. "This was the day Derek bit me." Erica tells her. "I hated having epilepsy so much that I let it control my life. But when I turned I realized I didn't have to hide who I wanted to be just because I was sick. I didn't have to pretend that I was okay with who I was because in reality I wasn't." Erica tells the younger girl as she watches her intently.

"I never thought that I could be the person I wanted to be, and that's because I let myself get to such a dark place, but Jules if you aren't willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places, you will never succeed. Don't let the dark thoughts define who you are as a person. You think of all the good...and you go from there."

Erica looks as Jules, the brunette smiling at the blonde as she starts to fade away. "My time is up Jules." She says to her. "Climb the wall and when you fall, start again." She tells her.

Jules walking up to the wall, grabbing onto the rocks etched onto it. Jules began climbing and once she got to the top and looked back to see if Erica was still there. Not seeing the girl Jules let's herself fall back, but she didn't land on the mat that was layer into the gym floor. Instead landing in the small dark room, where she had woken up the first time, crawling out of it as she begins to start another journey.

***

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam says pointing to one of the screens that had turned black.
"No. No, it's not." Stiles answers him. "Where is that?" Kira asks.

"The roof. Someone's gonna have to check it out." Stiles tells them. "I'll go." Kira says walking to the door."Whoa, whoa. This might not just be a malfunction." Stiles tells her, concerned for the girl.
"That's why I'm bringing this." She says as she shows the group her katana and processing to walk out.