58. No More Sad Songs!

Vote or you'll be cursed;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Yashvi's POV:

Lying on my bed, right on my back, I stared at the ceiling, pondering on what just happened a few hours ago.

My mind was perplexed and my heart gloomy. I coaxed myself to come out of the gloom I have created around myself.

Why had Satvik's statement affect me this much? It's not like anything was possible either way for me.

The fact that Satvik doesn't loves me was even more painful than knowing that nothing could happen between us.

I felt foolish for emerging myself in unrealistic fantasies. I had brought this sadness upon me by thinking that I could move on and forget that I ever was in love with him. But I was wrong and the tears flowing down from my eyes proved it. My eyes started to water again and again. I harshly rubbed them to get rid of my weakness.

No, this is not me. I am Yashvi Khanna, the girl who is strong and does not cry because of others. This is what I tell myself whenever I feel like crying. Though, I'm a very strong girl and it takes a lot to make me cry but when it comes to Satvik, I just don't know why I become so emotional.

No, I can't let myself be this way. But I was deceiving my heart. Because it was the only place in my body, which ached because of a man who did not share my feelings.... well, not anymore.

I stood up quickly and went inside the washroom, wiping my tears. Standing in front of the washbasin, I splashed water on my face and kept doing it until I felt satisfied. I looked up at my reflection in the mirror, but I didn't see myself.

Instead, I saw a girl with red eyes and moist cheeks. With dishevelled hair and wet clothes. And this was not the first time, I was seeing myself like this. But this time, the pain was unbearable.

Suddenly, the feeling was back. I felt like I was doing a treachery. No, I couldn't have romantic feelings for my step brother! This was wrong, so wrong! It was wrong in every way!

First, he was my step brother. Even though we are not related by blood but just the term brother makes it feel so absurd. Second, I didn't want to spoil my parents relationship just because of my stupid feelings. Third, the society would not accept such kind of relationship, very easily. At least not in India. They will mock my family and that's exactly what I don't want to happen. Fourth, he doesn't even think of me in that way anymore. For him I am just his best friend, towards whom he got a little infatuated in between but soon realized his mistake. And this realization hit hard.

My chest ached again and my heart rapidly beat like someone was chasing of with a dagger. Or rather, someone had already pierced it with a dagger. I wiped my face and walked inside the shower. I opened the tap without caring that I had my clothes on, and water started flowing down on me. And suddenly, with the flowing water, tears were falling freely from my eyes and the ache from heart spread everywhere. It was the realization dawned on me that it's time for me to move on and forget that I ever loved him.