8. Makeover

Please vote;)

Please vote;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Shiv was just about to take another shot of vodka when he noticed the same girl staring at Satvik.

She was standing by the table near the drinking area.

Shiv narrowed his eyes at her and then looked at Satvik who was still busy looking at the old couple romancing.

'What pleasure is he getting by staring at them?', he thought.

"I need to use the washroom, I'll be back", he said and Satvik nodded, still smiling and staring at the old couple.

Shiv stood up and went closer to the girl, she was so lost in Satvik that she didn't even notice him.

He stood next to her and ordered himself a drink. Then he looked at her. He turned his head to look at Satvik.

'Such a beautiful girl is staring at him and he is not even paying attention!!' he thought.

He sighed and said, "You'll get nothing by just staring. Go make a move... talk to him."

The girl was surprised seeing him. She felt a little embarrassed and blushed.

"Huh!.... No, I was just-" she said but was cut in between by Shiv.

"Don't lie. I saw you. It's okay, you can tell me,"

She opened and closed her mouth several times. It seemed like she was having an inner battle with herself on whether to say it or not. "Umm.... Well..... Yeah!.... I mean.... He's kinda -"

"It's okay. No need to explain yourself, I understand.... I just wanted to ask if you would like to know him more?"

"What do you mean?" She asked even though she knew what he meant.

"I mean like dating.. you know...."

She narrowed her eyes at him and was about to speak when he spoke instead, "Look I know you want to..... and trust me your choice is amazing.... I mean I can assure you, he's a gem..... Here let me give you a little brief about him, his name is Satvik Sareen, we are best friends. He is doing B.com from St. Teresa University and he is the captain of the basketball team and... he plays guitar."

She narrowed her eyes at him as he kept on blabbering about his best friend. When he finished, she stared at him for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.

"What was that? Are you like, a crazy person?" she said between laughs.

"Well, basically yes.... but I'm just too desperate to see my best friend in a relationship, you know.... So...."

"Well.... although you are weird..... but I like him so... I guess, I'll maybe give it a chance."

"Perfect! I knew you were a smart girl..... So tomorrow, same time, same place.... I'll bring him and you both can start with being friends. Cool?"

"Cool." She said, nodding her head.

"Okay.. See you tomorrow then... and please... don't ditch me...."

She smiled and nodded. He turned around to leave but stopped and turned after realizing something, "Hey, what'a your name by the way?"

➵ ➵ ➵

NEXT MORNING IN COLLEGE

Raadha and Kaushik were chatting while sitting on the stairs. They both were waiting for Aarushi.

Suddenly, they heard someone's foot steps on the stairs. They both looked up only to see Aarushi walking up the stairs, smiling at them.

Kaushik's body froze, he could not take his eye off of her.

She was looking different from usual but amazing. She was wearing a baby pink colour kurti and blue denim jeans which she usually never used to wear. Her black hair were freely flowing down on her shoulder. She was wearing a pair of silver earrings which dangled with each step she took.

As Aarushi came closer, she narrowed her eyes at Kaushik, who seemed to have got lost in his own world. Then, she looked at Raadha and they both smiled.

Raadha waved her hand in front of Kaushik's eyes and asked, "What happened?".

Kaushik came back to his senses and replied, "Nothing".

Raadha bit her lower lip and tried to stop herself from laughing.

Then she spoke after calming herself down, "Anyways.... Girl!.... you look..... amazing! You should start wearing kurtis often! They suit you! Don't they Kaushik?"

"Yeah!.... Yeah!..... I mean you look... umm.... different."

"Awe... Thank you so much, guys!... I was just getting bored so.... just did a little makeover."

She said but the real reason was to get Kaushik's attention.

Kaushik kept staring at Aarushi making her blush.

"Anyways, shall we now?" Raadha spoke trying really hard to control her laugh.

"Yeah! Actually that's what I was about to tell you.... Actually Sharma Mam called me, she needs my help with something so I would not be able to attend Miss Malhotra's class. So would you please tell her about this otherwise she's gonna be really mad at me?" Aarushi said.

"No..... Obviously Yes! Duh!" Raadha said.

"Thanks!.... Then, I'll leave now. Bye! Bye Kaushik!"

"Bye."

"Bye." Kaushik said waving a hand at her.

Raadha looked at Kaushik, trying so hard to control her laugh. Aarushi was gone but Kaushik was still waving his hand, looking at her direction.

She then called out his name,"Kaushik... Kaushik... KAUSHIK!!"

"Yeah.. Yeah.... Yeah! What did you say?"

"What's wrong with you today? Where were you lost?" She said pretending to not know.

"Me? No, I was not lost."

"Yeah right, I was." She said sarcastically making him narrow his eyes at her.

"Anyways.... let's go otherwise we'll get late for the class."

"Yeah right! Let's go!"

➵ ➵ ➵

Author's note:

Isha Maheshwari

Played by: Disha Pathani