Train

That night I had finally gotten my own room. It was small but cozy, and it even had a window so I could watch the passing schools of brightly colored fish. Hat-kun told me that tomorrow I could go into town and buy a few things for the room. At the moment the only thing in it was a bed, desk, and dresser. The room was a bit bleak but I didn’t mind that all that much. At dinner that night, Hat-kun failed to show up yet again, how typical. I’d forgotten how normal it felt to fall asleep to the gentle nudges of the waves.

“Miss Raven,” Hat-kun’s voice was cool and smooth. I found myself looking up into his dark, calculating eyes. I was overcome with the sudden urge to kiss him.

“No, no.” I mumble to myself aloud while pushing myself away from him. He gives me a look of something I can’t quite decipher. Suddenly, she appears behind him with a knife in hand. I try to scream out but I can’t make any noise.

“hehehehe.” Her childish giggles send shivers down my back, but for some reason Hat-kun can’t seem to hear her. “This is your punishment!” She brings the knife up, but instead of stabbing him she kisses him. I feel something boiling in my stomach, jealousy?

“Raven,” a knock on my door woke me from my sleep. I shook the crazy dream from my head and groaned as I swung my legs onto the cool, metallic floor. Rug, definitely going to need a rug. I swung open my door and am half surprised to see Train standing on the other side of it. He was smiling nervously at me, as if he was afraid that I would bite.

“What time is it?” I yawned while wiping the sleep from my eyes.

“Almost noon.” He replied and I coughed on my own yawn. It had been ages since I slept that late. “You ok?” he asked, sounding a bit too worried. I waved him off as I tried to catch my breath. Once I’m breathing normally again he begins to speak. “Captain told me to take you shopping today.”

“Uh, right.” I mumbled, just remembering that I was doing today. “One minute.” I held out my index finger and shut my door. I slipped on a pair of jean shorts and a long sleeve, white button down shirt. I tied my oddly colored hair back into a ponytail and laced up my combat boots. I looked at my tattoos and decided against the shorts. I’m out the door in exactly one minute. Train and I walked around grove 38 in awkward silence. We came across a furniture store and he led me inside without a word. I walked around and picked out a few things while he stood by the door, staring down at his shoes. What is wrong with him?

“Uh, Raven.” He finally spoke as we left the store. I cocked my head to the side, signaling for him to go on. “I’m sorry.” Suddenly he swept my legs out from underneath me. I tried catching myself but a sudden drowsiness came over me and I lost all control of my limbs. I hear voices from a distance, but I slowly faded from consciousness.   

As her lips slowly withdraw from his, Hat-kun looks to be in some type of trance. He wore an expression that doesn’t suit him at all, submission. There was a twinkle of triumph in her eyes. I’d seen that look a thousand times, I knew what was coming next.

“No!” I yelled out, suddenly finding my voice again. It makes no difference, she drives her knife into his skull anyways. As she steps away from the motionless body I can see that it isn’t Trafalgar but Train.

Cold water surrounded me as I was slapped back into reality. I thrashed my arms around, trying to figure out where I was. My mouth was filled with a salty liquid and I finally realized where I was. I took controlled, even strokes to the surface even though I was freaking out on the inside. As I broke the surface I took in lungful’s of air before opening my eyes. The sun was setting over the horizon, casting brilliant pinks and oranges over the clouds. And standing aboard the sub was the entire crew, laughing like maniacs. Even Hat-kun is there, although he wasn’t laughing but he did wear an amused smirk that made me want to slap him.

“What the hell?” I growled at the men, I was pissed.

“Initiation.” Shachi got out in between fits of laughter. I swam over to the side of the ship and Train offered me a hand. I almost swat it away, but the initiation was just supposed to be a joke, so I took it. He pulled me up on deck, a smile plastered on his face.

“Sorry, I’m in charge of making sure the initiation happens. It was my devil fruit by the way.” He explained.

“You have the power to make people super pissed?” I glared at him, at this point I'm pretending to be angry. As we both stood up he looked super guilty, so I pushed him overboard. He let out a yelp of surprise and shut his eyes in anticipation for the cool abyss. I caught with one arm, letting his feet dangle just above the water. “You’re right, this is fun.” I said with a smile. And he smiled back.

“Now if you don’t mind. Devil fruit eater here.” He complained and I pulled him up to the deck.  “Welcome to the Heart Pirates.” He said before we all walked inside of the ship for dinner.