||Chapter 23||

"She's probably apart of the gang that owns the club I don't know why your ass would follow her to a room obviously being guarded!" Lani yelled at me through the phone. "I thought it was a private room or something plus I had a few drinks I wasn't thinking you're the one who took me there to begin with!" I semi yelled back "Nah nah don't put this on me I told you not to stare and the bartender even told you don't get any ideas YET you still wanted to go back for more so who's fault is it that you almost got shot? oh ok" Lani reminded me making me roll my eyes as if she could see me. "Whateverrrrr" I dragged out and she laughed. "Ugh someone knocking on my door" Lani said just as I was about to ask about the knocking in the background.

I heard her open the door and I heard what sounded like Blue but hell it was loud in that club I don't know. "Does a Lani Miller live here?" the voice asked and I whispered to lani "Who tf you got checking for you?" I asked and lani ignored me of course "Who's asking?" she asked the person. "My names Blue, I think there was a misunderstanding of what was going on with your friend in the club yesterday night. I just wanted to explain to her but no one could ID anyone she was with besides a Lani Miller" Blue explained with an awkward laugh. "there's no misunderstanding that chick almost got me shot! who takes a chick in a guarded room with 7 people that have guns! either you trynna find a recruit or kill me!" I yelled in Lani's ear. "Bitch shut the hell up in my ear damnit!" Lani yelled back.

"Yea I'm Lani but I don't think there was much of a misunderstanding considering what she told me. Have a nice evening Blue." Lani said closing her loud ass door. "Get your ass over here! I'm not finna be here by myself this yo problem!" Lani whisper yelled. "Fuck no they might be watching you who knows" I said smacking my teeth. "I swear if you don't pack a bag and come over here!" Lani yelled. "Nope they can't ID me I'm safe! good luck and in case of emergency call 911 because I won't be answering for them to see my contact and come after me!" I said in a happier tone then hung up💀 Lani called back a few times until she realized I really wasn't going to answer.

Tonight I'm going to my club but I gotta work so no partying (yes I still have a job I got it back when I got out I just go when I want & 90% the time I don't wanna🙄). I pulled out my outfit for the night and got my things together to shower. Once I did that I no longer wanted to shower so I went downstairs and ate a bowl of cereal instead. After refilling my bowl twice I somewhat had the energy and went back upstairs to shower.

I turned up my speaker and hoped in washing my body while singing "Let It Burn" by Jazmine Sullivan. "I know it's scary, cause someone always gets hurt when your caring. And I felt that way too but ready or not it's coming for youuuuuuuuuu" I sang standing right under the shower head. It felt good until water started hitting me in the eyes so I took a step back.

Once I finished my shower I got out and dried off. I got dressed, practiced a few moves, and picked my song for the night. I left and drove about 30 minutes before I was at the club. I went in, got a shot to get myself going, dropped my bag off in the back, and told the Dj my song and when I preferred to go on.

After 5 dancers it was my turn and I was a bit nervous since I hadn't been out in a while but it'll go good just gotta get going and get my flow. I went out & surprisingly the ladies were excited to see me back. I did my 2 songs and a half of one then once I had enough tips and got tired I went to the back letting the next girl go finish up the song. I had a bunch of tips and the guy who usually picks up the money for us admitted that was the most he'd see anyone make in a while. I gave him some of my tips for always helping since I had extra cash and then I counted the rest putting it away in my locker.