||Chapter 46||

Sam

I finished my conversation with Vina and slowly drug my feet up the stairs and back to our room door. I used my key and went inside through the living room door. Thank god it's finally quiet in here.

I slid off my shoes and started taking off my tie as I walked to the bedroom door. I opened it and the room was empty. The blanket that was on the couch for Amir was folded and the outfit Amira had on for tonight was laid on the bed along with the accessories she was going to put on. I quickly caught on and went back to grab my phone. I called her 4 times but she didn't answer.

I went back into the room and there was a piece of folded paper on the dresser. I grabbed it and opened it.

"Thank you for trying to give me a nice Valentine's Day but I think it's best we go home. I can already tell you're not happy and we shouldn't waste 3 more days like this. I would've loved to stay here but I know with my son we won't be able to get much time in. I'm sorry we ruined this and missed the reservation. I hope however much you spent can be given/made back or if you want you can send me the amount and I'll pay it to you.

Sorry Sam."

I read it and my heart sank. I had to get to the airport to stop her. I mean I'm glad we're not going to force this awkward ass trip but I don't want her to go home feeling bad either.

I rushed to put my shoes back on and grabbed my keys.

I looked up the next flight to VA and it said a little less than 2 hours.

I started driving towards the closet airport to where we were staying but the traffic was terrible. We were at a stand still for probably 25-30 minutes. After that we were moving hella slow. Traffic turned a 20 minute drive into damn near an hour and the entire time all I could focus on was getting to Amira.

I made it to the airport and rushed inside looking around for Amira. Surprisingly it wasn't crowded here and I spotted her blonde hair and tattoos quickly. I walked over to her sitting in the seat beside her and "Look I just told you I don't-" she looked up and stopped after realizing it was me. "I'm going home Sam just go back to the hotel." she said making me notice her shaky voice,red eyes, and tear stains on her face. "You've been crying. Why?" I asked unsure. Sure I could take a guess but I want to know for sure. "Don't worry about it. Just go away." she shook her head and turned her back to me. The seats were connected so I pulled her back into my chest and held her. "I'm sorry Amira. I shouldn't have gotta mad about it but I did because I knew we wouldn't get another chance to go. I don't want you to feel bad about it or feel like you ruined our trip because you didn't." I whispered as I rubbed her arm. She started to move and I thought she would push me away but instead she turned towards me and started crying into my chest. I held her tighter and kissed her forehead.

I held her for what felt like forever. Occasionally I wiped her tears but I mostly kissed her and rubbed her back saying small things to comfort her.

"The flight for Virginia will be leaving in 10 minutes." the announcer said. Amira pulled away from me, "I think I'm still going to go home. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time here." she said with a smile but there was so much pain behind it. "I understand, I'll come see you when I get back. I want us to talk." I said and she nodded. "We have a long walk so we should go now. Bye Sam." she said giving me that broken smile again. "Bye Amira." I kissed her hand and watched her get up. She picked up Amir who was on his tablet not paying attention. She started walking away and I waited until she was out of sight before I left.

I got back in my rental and went home to change. I feel bummed out. I need to find somewhere to drink.

An hour and a half later

I'm at this lounge/club sitting at the bar. I just received my first drink and I'm slowly sipping while nodding my head to the beat of the music.

I smoked a blunt my workers left in my rental on the way here and I'm feeling good.

I got tired of sipping and ordered a full bottle. The bartender was quick to get it and I downed the nasty bottle of Henny. It might not taste the best but it gets the job done.

I left the bar and sat in a section right across from it. There's no entertainment here and I'm bored out of my mind. Luckily some chick is walking over now. "Hey handsome." she smiled sitting beside me. Handsome?? "Hi." I said dryly. "You here by yourself?" she asked and I nodded, "Someone so sexy shouldn't be alone on Valentine's Day. Let me fix that." she flirted and I laughed. "You already have. I'm no longer in this section by myself right?" I said in a duh tone and she looked confused. I'm not slow I know what she meant but I don't know if I want company after she called me handsome.

"Alright well would you like to come to my hotel room? I'm about to get out of here." she said bringing that smile back on her face. I looked at her a moment. She looked like she was planning something but hell it's probably to fuck me.

I examined her taking my eyes from the top of her head to well...lower. She had on a tight and short black dress. She had her legs spread just enough that I could see her teal thong underneath. I got a boner and looked back up seeing her biting her lip. "Let's go." I said grabbing her hand and leading her out of the lounge.

She insisted on driving because she was sober so I gave it up.

About 20 minutes passed and I wasn't seeing a hotel. "Yo where you stayin at again?" I asked trying to remember if she already told me. By now I was drunk and full on high. Perfect.

"Oh it's just a few more minutes just relax love." she said running her hand over my thigh and between my legs waking my friend back up. She didn't stop though. She just moved up under my shirt and to my chest. I felt soothed and I closed my eyes leaning my head back. Her acrylics feel good on my skin. I just hope we get to this hotel fast so I can get a better look of what's under that dress.

"We're here." she whispered with a laugh and I opened my eyes to see a house. "It's not really a hotel but all of them were booked. This is like a bed and breakfast but we'll still be alone in my room." she reassured and I nodded. "It's all good. I'm just ready to get inside and lay down or sum." I laughed and she did too before agreeing with me. We both got out and walked in.

She let me go in first before I felt her feeling me up like she was searching. "Damn you're nothing like they said, you're just one trusting girl. Sorry Samaria." she used my name and I haven't told her. At least I don't think I did. I turned to look at her but before I could everything went dark.

The hell?!

_______________
Heheh😈