||Chapter 30||

Back to Blue

So it's been 5 days since we were in Detroit and I've just been monitoring Justin and Kennedy. Kennedy decided to play hero and call Shawn saying she had someone to take care of me. That explains why she was so hard on the phone, she felt like she had nothing to fear. As for Justin he turned into Helen Keller when his parents started asking questions about the missing money and Grandma's hearing aids. He hasn't said a peep to anyone he's just glad to be alive and on the right side of things.

Shawn's been calling a lot but Justin unplugged all the phones and convinced his parents that the phones were down because of work they're doing on the neighbors house, surprisingly they bought it.

Dani and Kari are planning to kidnap Kennedy, that's the only way we'll be able to watch her. She's gotten out of dodge on some other people before. I won't let that happen.

Speaking of the devil, Dani is calling now.

"Why hello there, what ya got for me sir?" I greeted her laughing, "we're fucked" Dani said completely unamused by me calling her sir. "Kennedy went m.i.a already??" I asked, "No, ma wants to see us like right now..I swear I didn't tell her anything she just called me and she sounded mad as hell!" she said sounding more scared than me. When ma calls and she's mad it's not going to be a good day for anyone she comes across. "Alright I'll meet you there. Better start praying asap." I joked but I'm so serious. I forced a laugh and Dani did the same before we both hung up to try and get to Ma's house before she got more mad we took too long.

I booked it down to my car and got in. Dani was in her car pulling off and I followed her speeding to keep up. Lord I hope there are no police on patrol over here. I'm going 90 in a 45 and Dani is still ahead of me somehow.

After lot of prayer and going through at least 3 red lights I'm parked outside my mother's house, well one of them. "You go first, I went in first last time." Dani reminded me of the last time we got called in like this. Dani took two sandals to the head, I'm not going first I learned from her dumba** mistake. "H-E-L-L no. We both saw what she did to you and I'm not putting myself in that position D!" I refuseeeee to go first. "Blue if one of us don't go in she gone come out. You wanna get ya ass beat out in the open?" Dani asked nudging me since I was now the closest to the door. "Okay how mad did she sound on the phone? There's a rat mad or there's an actual rodent in her house mad?" I asked trying to get a better idea of what I'm going into. "The rodent was more so a scared-mad so rat" Dani said. I decided to face my fears and reach for the door handle. I opened it slowly and ma wasn't in eye view. "Be eyes and ears D I don't have a visual." I warned as we both walked in closing the door as quietly as possible.

"Ma? We're here" I called out and got nothing. I'm hoping it's just them playing a prank I don't like this one bit. Me and Dani decided to split using hand signals. I'm going left she's going right.

Now separated from my only line of defense I have my guard up walking down towards my dad's office. Dani's dumbass went down the hall of Ma's office. Then again that would be too easy.. she would want to catch us off guard going in a place we wouldn't expect. Dani played me!

I opened the office door in hopes of only finding my father. I looked around and standing at the coffee machine was..pops. "where's ma?" I whispered and he laughed. "Upstairs second room. Don't go in scared shitless go in with a smile she's not mad at you and Danielle she's mad at someone else" he reassured me and I let out a sigh. I turned to leave and found Dani. I told her to follow me and went in the room dad told me I would find ma. I did and I also found Kennedy sitting on her phone with her back to the door.