||Chapter 40||

Sam

"My birdies tell me you've been messing with the girl my daughter loves. I hope you know I'm very unhappy with that Samaria." my aunt says with this unsettling smile on her face. "Your daughter doesn't love her. Did the birdies tell you how Cintia got high on coke and slammed the girl into a dresser then put her hands on her multiple times?" I questioned tilting my head to the side. I can't believe Valentina "summoned" me to try and scare me away from Amira. I bet the only reason she's doing this is because Dani told me Blue is upset she fucked up her last chance.

"That doesn't matter now. I brought you here to tell you that the girl is off limits. You will leave her alone." she said sternly. Man fuck this. I'm not leaving Amira alone because my cousin has her panties in a wad over how shit happened. "I'm not gonna do shit. Tell Cintia to stop bitching about the situation to everybody else and come talk to me instead." I laughed standing up and my aunt slapped me.

I don't know what took over me but I grabbed her by the neck and lifted her from the ground. She didn't put up a fight but then again I was squeezing her neck as tight as I could. "Valentina you don't scare me. I'm not a little kid anymore and I'm not going to let you treat me as such. I am a fully grown adult who can make my own decisions and the next time you lose your fucking mind and put your hands on me I might just decide to kill you. We both know I would be doing everyone a favor." I threatened and dropped her to the floor. She started gasping for air and I laughed. "Funny how such a weak woman controls the minds of others." I whispered. I grabbed some files from her desk and left.

Fuck Valentina. Blood or not I'm going to kill her. I have to free my family of this life, if I don't we'll all die at the hands of that bitch.

Amira

I waited in bed for Sam to come home. She got a call about an hour about to come and meet with her aunt. She told me to just wait for her and then we could go out to eat.

I got dressed earlier so now I'm just waiting and hoping she doesn't have any work for today.

I heard the front door open, "Baby!" Sam yelled. I instantly got excited and ran out the room to her. "I thought we were going to miss the reservation. I'm so happy you made it back!" I gushed pulling her into a hug. She laughed "I wasn't going to let her make me miss today but we have to go now if we're going to make it." she said and I pulled away rushing to put my shoes on. I noticed she had some folders in her hand. They had names on them. "What's that?" I asked watching her put them away in drawer. "Some people I need to talk to. My family doesn't know so don't tell anyone. I don't even want you looking at the names okay?" she said and I raised my eyebrow at her. "Please don't tell me you're stupid enough to plot against your own family." I said and she looked shocked "Why would you think that?" she asked grabbing her jacket and mine. "Oh I don't know maybe the part where you told me you were going to find a way out now all of a sudden you run off to get files from someone and your family doesn't know about it. I mean turning on family is gonna get you out alright. Maybe not alive but you'll be out." I laughed and she rolled her eyes. "Look just stay out of it. Let's go." she said opening the door. I shook my head and walked out.

I was just assuming but now I think she may actually be planning something stupid. I just hope she doesn't get herself killed.

25 minutes later

She brought me to this fancy restaurant. Like they even opened our doors and took her car to park it for us.

Now we're in this closed off section with this delicious wine. "Wow this place is nice" I whispered. "Yea it is, my uncle  owns it. Had it built from the ground up." she said and my jaw dropped. These people have to be loaded. "That's amazing." was all I could say, the waitress came back with a different wine. "I know you already have wine but I figured you would enjoy your favorite a little more." she said looking at Sam. Sam gave this awkward smile "I'm okay actually. I like the wine we already have." she said and the girl looked confused "But you've always loved this one."she said. "Yes but that doesn't mean I can't like other kinds Kira. We're fine." Sam said and she motioned for the girl to leave. When she girl walked away she looked at me "I'm sorry about that." she apologized "It's fine." I shrugged. She nodded and started drinking her wine again.