Chapter 46

*Edited*

Me and Tony are at the new Avengers Facility that he has just been built and is up and running. We're walking down a hallway with Thor and Steve. I don't know know how but we ended up talking about how me and Vision can lift the hammer.

"Oh, the Vision is artificial intelligence." Steve said pointing out the obvious.

"A machine." Tony clarified.

"So it doesn't count?" Steve asked.

"It's not like a person lifting the hammer." Tony said and I was about to speak on that when he cut me off. "You are a alien in a human body, you don't count either." I roll my eyes.

"Right, different rules for us." Steve pointed between him and Tony.

"He is a nice guy." I commented.

"Artificial." Tony said.

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone." Thor said.

"Yeah, Vision can protect it for now, I won't be needing it any time soon. At the moment it is the safest with Vision." I added as we came to a stop.

"And these days, safe is in short supply." Thor said.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve said breaking the silence. Me and Thor smile at the goofy argument. They're idiots but they're my idiots.

"It would still go up." Tony stated.

"Elevator's not worthy." Steve shook his head.

"I'm gonna miss these little talks of ours." Thor said as he rest his hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Not if you don't leave." Tony said hoping to convince Thor to stay here on earth.

"I have no choice." Thor said and he continued walking with the rest of us following beside him. "The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence." We walked outside. "Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. And once all these pieces are in position..."

"Triple Yahtzee." Tony said.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve asked Thor.

"I do." He looked at Tony and hit him on his chest playfully. "Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained." Thor walked a few steps away from us to get ready for his departure. He nodded his head at us, lifted his hammer up in the sky, and teleported to whatever planet he was going.

I looked back down to where he stood to see burnt grass designed in some marking. "That man has no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him though. And your gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears." Tony said to Steve. He pushed the button on his car remote and it starts to self drive all the way to us.

"I will miss you, Tony. And you as well, Eve." Steve said. I smiled at him and gave him a hug goodbye before I walked to the passenger side of the car and got in.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Ever a farm, hope nobody blows it up." Tony said. I don't mind living a quiet life. It sounds more peaceful than the life I'm currently living in.

"The simple life." Steve comments as he folds his hands together in front of him.

"You'll get there one day." Tony said having hope for his friend. Steve has been living a war ever since he went into the ice. It would be nice to see him finally rest after so many years.

"I don't know. Family, stability... The guy who wanted all that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out." Steve said.

Tony opened his car door, but turned back to Steve. "You all right?" Tony asked him.

Soldiers yelling in the background could be heard from where they stood. "I'm home." Steve said.

Tony got in the car and drove off. "So, what's next?" I asked him.

Tony grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. "How do you feel about starting a family?"