Chapter 13

*Edited*

The next day I went to go see the nerd party that was happening in the lab. I met up with Fury along the way. As we were walking he suddenly asked me a question. "So how are you and Stark?" He asked. "We're doing good. We had a date before getting called in." I said but I just now thought of something. "Did you know this was going to happen? Is it why you asked me to keep a watch on him 2 years ago?" I asked and stopped walking.

He stopped walking to look at me. "I needed to get rid of you. If I had played my cards right, you and Tony's personality would have clicked." He said then continued walking and I followed after him.

"But I'm not a sarcastic, care-free, narcissist." I said trying to see how my personality could have clicked with Tony's. Fury stop to look at me again. "You may not be a narcissist, but you are sarcastic and care-free." Then continue walking.

I had to think really hard to try and find out when I had ever been sarcastic and care-free. I quickly caught up to him just as he walked into the lab. "What are you doing Mr.Stark?" Fury asked.

Tony and Bruce was sitting down looking at something on the screen. "Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony said.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Fury said explaining his job to him. "We are. The models locked and were sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce explained.

"Yeah, then you get your cube back. No muss, no fuss." Tony said then the screen made a sound and he looked at it. "What is phase 2?" He asked Fury.

Steve came in and slammed some kind of weapon onto the table loudly. "Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve said answering Tony's question.

"You ain't wrong. They're still trying to hack into their system trying to find out all the dirty secrets." I said and Steve looked my way. "How do you know?" He asked me. "If I know Tony, then I would know he doesn't trust what people say to him so he hacks into whatever he can find about someone or a company and use that to his advantage." I said and Tony smile at me proudly.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making..." Fury said before getting cut off by Tony.

"I'm sorry, Nick" Tony said and turned the screen around to show us a weapon design. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said looking straight at Fury. Thor and Natasha walked inside to see all the commotion.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Natasha. "You want to think about removing yourself from this environment Doctor?" She asked ignoring his first question.

Bruce laughs. "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." He said. Natasha slowly walked up to him. "Loki is manipulating you." She started to say.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" He asked. I walked closer to the window to get a better view of everyone. "You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha corrected.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction?" Bruce asked.

Fury stared at everyone before pointing straight at Thor and me. "Because of them." Thor had an confused face. "Me?" He asked.

"What the bloody hell could I have possibly done?" I asked pointing at myself.

"Last year, earth had a visitor from another planet who has a grudge match that leveled a small town. Then a baby randomly fell from the sky and crashed down on Earth, destroying any city that was in a 30 mile radius. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury explained his reason.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor said.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled." Fury said.

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve asked. "Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said.

"Higher form?" Steve repeated. "You forced our hand. We had to come up with something..." Fury tried to defend before getting cut off. "You can't blame me for something that had happen when I was a child. It's unfair and I had no say in that." I said. Fury was about to respond before getting cut off. "A nuclear deterrent. Because that always calms everything right down." Tony said.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark." Fury sarcastically ask. "I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep..." Steve and answered before getting cut off.

The tension was building up in the room and it was starting to make my head hurt a little so I leaned against the window and tuned everything out to make my head feel better, but it wasn't and it was putting me in a bad mood. They just kept arguing non stop until Bruce said something that caught my attention. It caught everyone's attention.

"That's his M.O., isn't it? I mean what are we, a team? No we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time bomb." He said. "You need to step away." Fury said taking a step towards Banner. Tony said something and Steve butt in and the two started to argue again.

Fury asked Natasha to escort Banner back to his room. "Where?" Banner asked him. "You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case..." Fury tried to explain.

"In case you needed to kill me. But you can't. I know, I tried." I looked up at Banner with pity in my eyes at the thought of him trying to kill himself. "I got low. I didn't see an end. So I put a bullet in my mouth, and the other guy spit it out. So I moved on. I focused on helping people. I was good. Until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk." My hand started to form white flares and I was getting ready for something that could happen with the mental state he was getting into

Bruce turned to Natasha. "You want to know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You want to know how I stay calm?" He asked her. Natasha and Fury rested their hands on their gun. "Dr.Banner," Fury said getting his attention, "put down the scepter."

Bruce looked to see he was actually holding the scepter. The screen started beeping and he put the scepter down and went towards the computer. I made my flares disappear but I had to lean back onto the window to calm my headache that was getting bigger by the minute.

"Eve, you okay?" Tony ask and I open my eyes to stare at him. Tony furrowed his eyebrows as he stare at me. "Why are your eyes black?" He asked me and it was my turn to have an confused face. I turned towards the window to stare at myself and he was right. My eyes were completely black. I waved my hand at him telling him to ignore it and turned back around.

"I've located the Tesseract." Banner said and a whole other argument started again between Tony and Steve. I'm wondering when these two started disliking each other. They literally just met plus Steve met Howard Stark before so I don't know why they're fighting.

All of a sudden there was this big explosion that happened underneath us creating this big hole. The explosion was big enough to push me through the glass window and knock me unconscious while I free fall from the sky.

 The explosion was big enough to push me through the glass window and knock me unconscious while I free fall from the sky