• 1.9 •

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Brooke felt numb as she stared blankly at the spot right in front of her record player that Molly stood not too long ago, her heart clenching in her chest as a harsh wave of sadness draped across her body like a blanket. Her hands started to shake, her lip started to quiver and tears began to fall one by one.

Brooke didn't know how to describe the feeling that she was feeling aside from the fact that she felt ruined and her chest hurt, she knew it would be something that most people would consider heartbreak but she's felt heartbroken before when she broke up with her first boyfriend who she thought she really loved but this was different, this was a whole new feeling and she didn't know if there was even a word to even describe what she felt.

She didn't want to believe that Molly was telling the truth, she could have just written on a blank CD and was just claiming that Xavier had given her the exact same mixtape but upon looking at the two CD's side by side there was Xaviers nice handwriting and there's no denying that wasn't his voice on the CD either.

Maybe there was only that one song that the two CD shared and maybe Xavier is just one of those very guys that gave his girlfriends and crushes a playlist to show how he feels because he didn't know how except through music, Matrix was the same way he gave all the men he liked a playlist on Spotify to show how he felt towards them during the beginning of the relationship and at the end.

She didn't want to doubt Xavier because he wouldn't have done everything that he did yesterday if Brooke didn't mean anything to him.

Wiping her tears, Brooke walks over to her record player and takes out the disc that Molly had put in and exchanged it with the other disc that said A playlist for my beautiful princess. Before she inserted the disc, she looked down at the disc that Molly had placed in and sighed with a relief, all her CD said was her name in all capital letters and not in cursive like hers did.

So far so good.

The room is silent for a second before Xaviers voice breaks out through the speakers, a tear falling down her face when she hears his words.

"Brooklyn, I know you don't like your whole name but I think it's beautiful just like you. I hope this playlist explains just how much you really do mean to me."

Xaviers voice cuts off right before music begins to play. Brooke falls down to the floor her body feeling a little bit lighter.

Molly was just trying to get to you, Xavier didn't give them the same CD and Xavier felt some way for Brooke.

Brooke felt so stupid in believing that Xavier would do something like that, she needed to stop jumping to conclusions because that always got her in situations that didn't need to be situations and she always found herself getting hurt in the end.

Standing up from the floor she wipes the tears under her eyes and clears her throat before turning her record player off and walking out of her room. She quickly shut the door and locked it so that Molly couldn't eel her way back in and start even more drama.

When she got to Xaviers door she knocked on it praying to the gods that she didn't look like she just got done crying.

Xavier opened the door not a moment later confusion written on his face before he saw that it was Brooke, he opened his mouth to say something but Brooke didn't give him time to say anything as she wrapped her arms around his neck and planted her lips onto his.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Chapter Song: Violent by Carolesdaughter