Chapter 1

Number 8, Ovi, skates vigorously towards the puck, which is currently in the hands of some player on the opposing team. BAM. Into the glass.

The poor guy lays on the cold ice, and Ovechkin, now with the puck, starts to skate away, but I guess the other team isn't having that, and Alex gets nailed with a punch from behind.

In less than a second the hockey star turns and pounds on the guy, who seems so much smaller than Ovi.

The refs let them go at it for a little while, but they can't let Mr. Hotshot get hurt, so they blow their whistles and break it up.

Usually it's easy to tell if the fights are for show or are actually legit, but I'm not really sure about this one.

The other player is sent to the penalty box for 2 minutes and Alex is sent to the bench. Not for anything bad, just because the coach decided it was a good time for a line change.

My little brother Nick cheers along with the crowd, anticipating another goal for the caps.

He's so cute. His red blonde hair bounces around as he yells "let's go caps!"

The period is over with a score of 2-0 caps. We stay in our seats though. What's the use of getting up, everything is going to be too crowded, we won't even be able to move.

Then some music starts playing and the camera for the score board starts sliding around the room.

It's stops on a few people who are dancing like crazy, and then gets to nick and I.

The little boy cheers and shows off his Backstrom jersey, and I get up to display my Ovechkin jersey.

Quickly the camera moves to the Caps who are getting ready to leave the bench and head into the locker room. It zooms in on Ovi who looks to Carlson -like he's just seen the best looking pizza- and then back to the score board, but he turns quickly and smiles once he notices the camera is on him.

The crowd that's left in the stands hoots and hollers. People turn to look at me, and a few girls give me nasty looks.

Wait, what just happened here

"Ovechkin saw us!" Nick cheers, "he was looking at us!" I sit back down, "I guess you're right bud."

What the heck? Why did Alex make that face though?

We sit and watch some guy try to shoot a puck into the net from all the way on the other side of the rink, waiting for the 20 minutes to be up. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn.

The guy sitting next to me points to a man in a suit is in the isle next to me who motions for me to come to him

"Stay here bud, I'll be right back," I say standing up and starting to walk down my row.

"Excuse me, sorry, sorry excuse me," i repeatedly say as I pass through all the people.

Once I get to the man he smiles, "come with me," he says, and I do. I follow him out of the stands and into the concessions area.

"Is there a problem?" I ask curiously. I don't think I did anything wrong, but who knows.

"No, no not at all," I sigh with relief, "I'd like to give you this," the man hands me a pass, I'm not really sure what it's for yet though.

"Meet me by the elevators once the game is over." I nod and head back inside. The game has started up again, and little Nick sits cheering, like always.

One of the players smashes another guy into the glass and the crowd simultaneously goes, "ohh." Nick smiles, "I'm gonna do that in my next hockey game!" I pat the little boy on the shoulder, "I bet mom will be pleased."