Chapter 11

Some of the guys start opening their doors when they hear the movement of my feet going down the hallway.

I guess they're probably the only ones on this floor, so they must've thought I was a teammate.

I walk towards the door with the room key in my hand.

"Hey, where are you going?" One of the Capitals calls towards me,

"I turn around and start walking backwards towards Alex's door, it was Mike Green,

"I'm gonna surprise Alex. I couldn't come to the game earlier, but I decided to try and make it down here to be with him afterwards."

A few of the other players have come out of there rooms and are watching me. Weird, but okay I guess, it's not much of a show.

"What happened to your nose?" Tom Wilson asks.

Shit. Is it that noticeable?

I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"I got in a fight."

The guys don't laugh like I expected them to. Do they actually believe me?

I turn back around and check the room numbers as I walk.

I'm somewhat distracted by the whispering behind me, but I keep going.

Then I feel a slight tap on my shoulder, I quickly turn: Carlson.

"Hey why don't you wait till morning to surprise him. He had a rough game, I think he's sleeping."

Ok something is going on. I watched part of the game tonight, and there was nothing rough about it. Alex got a hat trick for fucks sake. But besides,

"I don't have any other place to go, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I came to see him."

Brouwer walks up to me now and starts talking, "really Chandler I don't think it's a good idea to see him tonight."

"Ok what's going on?" I say raising my voice.

"Nothing, I swear, it's just Ovi is probably really tired," Alzner calls from a few rooms down.

"Something isn't fucking right," I say turning around and marching towards Alex's door.

Quickly, before anyone can stop me, I put the pass key in the door and when is turns green, I twist the knob. Before I can open it all the way though, John Carlson puts a hand on my forearm,

"Really Chandler, just wait until tomorrow."

Now almost all of the guys are out of their rooms and watching me like a television show.

Ignoring Carlson, I push the door open. At first I don't notice anything, the lights are all off, but then I think I hear, moaning? Quickly my feet carry me inside the room and I flick the lights on.

A black haired girl is in Alex's bed, on top of him. Are they fucking? Holy shit, they're fucking.

When Alex sees me, he almost knocks the girl off of him and starts rambling out apologies.

I back up into the hallway.

The air feels thicker. I can't breath. My heart is pounding out of my chest, and it makes it worse when I see all of the other guys looking at me with sympathy.

They knew the whole time and didn't tell me. They were trying to keep it from me.

Before Alex has a chance to get his clothes back on and make excuses, I run out of the hotel room, down the stairs and onto the sidewalk in front of the building.