Chapter 17

Alex's POV

I didn't ask Chandler if she wanted to come to the game tonight because of two reasons,

1. I knew she'd say no

And 2. We play the Rangers.

I don't want her to watch me beat the living shit out of Derick.

I pull into the team garage with my black Mercedes and hop out only to be greeted by Backy,

"Looking sharp today," he says nudging me with his elbow.

I laugh and we walk together towards the locker room.

"So how are things going with Chandler?" Backy asks after a moment of silence,

"I don't know man," I pause to let out a big breath of air, "I told you she wants to go to New York right?" He nods, "she didn't tell me exactly why, just that she can make more money up there, but having a baby and working just don't mix you know?"

"Have you told anyone else about the baby? Has she?" Nicklas asks without making eye contact.

"We don't have to, guys with cameras were following us yesterday so it's probably everywhere by now."

After I answer, it's quiet again for a little bit, but the silence ends once Backy decides to speak up,

"Maybe you could convince her to stay here until the kid is old enough to go to school, and by then, she might forgive you and you guys could be like me and my girlfriend."

A smile grows on his face when he mentions his little family, and I can't help but flash a cheeky grin as well.

He loves his daughter to the moon and back, same with his girlfriend too. Hopefully one day I can have a family like that, and maybe it'll be with Chandler if things go as planned.

I long for the day when I can wake up to see a child sandwiched in between me and the person I love.

I say the person I love, because I don't know if I'll end up having something like that with Chandler.

I love her, I do, and I think I always will, but if she moves on and decides I'm not who she wants to be with, then I wouldn't be able to find it in me to force her into a love she doesn't want.

When Backy and I step inside the locker room we're treated by the rest of the guys, who look like they're just arrived as well.

"Ok listen guys," Trotz says as he enters the room, "we're playing a good team tonight, and they like to play pretty rough, so that means a lot of power plays and I expect a goal on everyone of them, got it?"

We all simultaneously shout, "yeah!" And Trotz continues,

"We have to play hard ok? Good defense and a lot of shots on goal, remember that. What's harder, blocking ten shots or blocking 35?"

His question is rhetorical so nobody answers,

"Now that that's out of the way, we're gonna start tonight with..."

And then he goes on naming the starters, it's isn't much of surprise though, usually the same people start every time.

We head out onto the ice for warm ups once all our gear is on, then after we have one more confidence booster from Trotz, the skate around, and then the puck drop.

We lose the face off so Backy stays on the guy with the puck, and I stay on the guy who he will most likely pass it to.

Bam. They dump the puck into our zone and it hits the wall hard. Holtby hugs the goal post as he watches Carly and some player on the other team skate towards the black circle sitting by the glass.