Chapter 18

Alex's POV

Several loud knocks on Chan's door jolt me from my sleep. She doesn't even budge though, and I'm not surprised, this is probably the longest she's slept in a while.

Careful not to wake the sleeping girl, I lift her upper body off of me and lay her gently on the kitchen floor; still nothing.

I guess I'm taking to long, because the knocks start back up again,

"Coming!" I call to whoever is hidden behind the door.

My fingers twist the nob and pull, revealing a middle aged woman with red hair and light blue eyes.

At first she was looking at me, but her eyes quickly shift to the sleeping girl on the floor.

Without even asking, she comes inside and starts spitting out nasty remarks,

"Oh so she's passed out drunk now? That'll be good for the baby," she turns to me and gives me a long hard stare, drowning me in her angry blue eyes,

"Are you the one who knocked her up?"

All I do is nod, I can't make myself do anything other than that.

The woman is scary, and I'm all but ashamed to admit she is very intimidating to me, it must be Chandler's mom.

"I thought so, I remember seeing you on tv," she rolls her eyes and starts looking around Chan's apartment.

"I've never been here ya know," her mother starts, "Chandler never wanted me over, it's nice I guess."

I nod again because there really isn't anything for me to say.

"So do you plan on staying with her? Or are you gonna end up leaving?"

I'm a little offended by her question and I think she can tell because she shrugs her shoulders a little bit and starts talking before I can answer,

"I'm just asking, I mean famous people get girls pregnant all the time and then they just leave. A family would probably drag you down anyways right?"

Now I'm starting to get mad. I can feel the heat spreading over my face, but Chan's mom isn't looking at me so she can't see the anger rising inside of me.

"I'm not leaving her," I say clenching my fists.

She turns around and blinks once slowly, "we'll see."

"Listen," I start, "I don't know what you've herd or what you think you know, but I'm staying right here with Chandler and you can count on that. I'm not really sure what happened between you two but I think it'd be best if you'd leave, especially since Chan is crying herself to sleep at the thought of seeing you."

Chan's mom points a finger at me and starts her wretched speech that I knew was coming,

"Last time I checked she was my daughter, you can't tell me when I can and can't see her. So I'll just stay here until she wakes up from her alcohol induced sleep. She never did make the best decisions."

"Ok I'm not sure if you're talking about me or the alcohol, but it doesn't matter because she's not drunk and I'm not leaving her," I say raising my voice some, actually a lot probably because it causes Chan to stir awake.

The poor girl looks around and freezes when she sees her mom.

They just look at each other for a few seconds and then the loud mouth woman turns to me and speaks,

"Can we have a minute?"

I shake my head,

"I don't think that's a good idea."