Chapter 14

I woke up in Draco's bed the next morning, not really clear on how I got there. I turned to my side and saw Draco sleeping peacefully next to me. I placed my hand on his cheek and rubbed it with my thumb. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. I gave him a slight smile.

"Come on we gotta get up and pack..." I said Dragging his arm. He stayed as stiff as a rock.
"DRACO come on." I repeated
"It's our last day Lani." He looked at me with no emotion in his face.
"We still have our 5 hour car drive, it'll be fine."
"I guess you're right, you go ahead and get ready. I'll be down in a minute."He replied.
"Sounds good," I said, waving as I walked out of his room and into mine. I plopped down onto the bed and just took a breather. This was it. The day I said goodbye, thankfully not forever. I hoped he wouldn't be gone too long, but you never know. I picked out my outfit and got ready before I decided to pack.
~ Lani's Outfit ~

After a good 30 minutes of cramming my clothes back into my trunk I was ready

After a good 30 minutes of cramming my clothes back into my trunk I was ready. I walked down the stairs and saw everyone with their bags at the door. Draco was down already and he didn't have anything with him.

"The drivers will be here shortly, two people per car." Draco said looking around at everyone.
"Wait but we have seven people?" Cho said.
"Lani will be accompanied by me, don't worry. Everything is taken care of." Draco replied. Cedric looked at me and didn't seem too mad. Maybe because he knew it was our last day.
"Ugh I don't want to go back to school." George said.
"Me too" Fred said. I could hear everyone sigh. This week was really fun. It did have its ups and downs but overall I think we had a good time.
"They're here." I heard Draco say. We all said our goodbyes even though I would see them in a couple of hours. I hugged Cedric and he kissed my head.
"Bye" I said to him.
"Bye love." He said to me as he walked out with the others. We waved bye from the front porch. It was just me and Draco standing there. I turned and looked at him.

"What's the plan?" I asked him
"What if you didn't go back?"
"Dray, I have to. As much as I would love to live out this fairytale I have things to do."
"I guess you're right, I want you to know you are welcomed here anytime, ok?" He said followed by a sigh.
"Hey look-" I said walking closer to him
"I want you to have a good time, I promise I will come visit." I looked up at him and a slight smile formed on his face.
"Sounds good, now let's get going." He said. He put my trunk in the back of the car. I got into the passenger seat waiting for Draco to come around from putting my stuff in the back. He finally got into the driver's seat and started the car. We had been driving for an hour or so just chatting and listening to music.

"Can we get something to eat?"
"Where do you want to go Lani?"
"Chick-fi-la, I want chicken nuggets.. Please" I said, giving him puppy eyes. I knew he didn't like that restaurant.
"Seriously?" He responded
"Just this once...?" I asked him
"What do I get in return? This is an eye for an eye situation." He continued with a light chuckle.
"You'll see." I responded.
He pulled into the parking lot and unlocked the car getting ready to get out. I grabbed his wrist and he turned back around. I leaned and kissed him on the cheek.
"That's what's in it for you." I said laughing.
He smiled and got out of the car walking over to my side to open the door.
"M'lady" He said as he opened the door.
"What a gentleman." I said laughing at him. The people in the car next to us were watching Draco. Of course.