Ventisette

|Sybella Fiori|
|Two days later|

Ilya's personal Doctor drew my blood yesterday morning and yesterday noon I got back my results and I am indeed pregnant with a Zharkov baby. My husband barely lets me do anything even though I have a business to run.

"You're not getting out of here," Ilya stood in front of the door, holding Kharon in his arms who has gotten so big since we left Paris.

My eyes rolled back "Ilya, I have to make calls—"

"I have something important to tell you," he let out a deep sigh.

I crossed my arms as my right eyebrow arched "What did you do now?"

"You insult me with your assumptions. Contrary to popular belief —and according to my wealth— most of my decisions are correct ones—"

"Tell me what you fucking did, Ilya."

"Fine," he groaned, looking down at Kharon who was sleeping in my husband's arms. "Giuliano arrived to Budapest three days ago and I know that you'll be mad at me for not telling you earlier because you want to take care of it personally but I have people on him and so does Arabella; he won't be getting out of out sight any soon. You need to understand— wait," his right eyebrow arched "why haven't you interrupted me with your wrathful tone or a slap? Or both?"

I am angry because he didn't tell me "There are far more important things for me right now than to get angry at something stupid you did to protect me," a deep sigh left my mouth. "You found out the day of the dinner with my siblings?" My husband has a good heart and I won't punish him for it.

"Yes," he replied, approaching me. "You were so stressed out about meeting Michele and Luca that I didn't want to burden you with something that could be taken care of by Stavros and Ben in the meantime, whilst you took care of family—"

My hands raised to his face to caress his cheeks softly as our eyes locked "I love you, Ilya."

He seemed extremely confused "Are you about to slit my throat? Do you still hide knives up your sleeves?"

A chuckle left my mouth "I do but I won't use them on your throat, not right now at least because we have to get on a plane; we have to catch that motherfucker before your family arrives."

The man nodded "You have to promise you'll wear that fancy bulletproof vest that Ben got us, deal?"

I chuckled "I promise, baby."

After packing light for Budapest, we hopped into the car and I called my sweet Celia "Hey, beauty," she said as soon as she picked up.

"Hi, darling," my lips curved into a smile; I've missed her voice. "How's everything? Where are you?"

"Santino's house in the outskirts of the city," she replied in her lovely accent that bewitches me; I could listen to her talk all day long. "We leave for Japan in a few hours; he's downstairs making breakfast."

My right eyebrow arched as I looked at Ilya "Santino DiFortuno is cooking? Make sure he doesn't burn down the house."

Ilya looked at me in confusion "Santino cooking? Has World War 3 started? Are we on the same universe as yesterday?"

I chuckled "He secretly took classes the last three weeks because when we met I told him I love a man who can cook me a homemade meal instead of taking me out to a three-star Michelin star restaurant."

My smile turned into a grin "So he's deeply invested in you."

"Deeply."

I chuckled "Are his feelings the only things you have felt deep in you today?"