Quattordici

|Sybella Fiori|
|Ten days later|

Dimitri is almost back to normal. He's a strong baby just like his uncle Ilya. Anna has been telling me for the past two days to go back to Paris because I've already been gone for quite some time but I like it here; Ekaterina and Vladimir make me feel at home and Ilya...it's been dreamy. I'm trying to take Arabella's advice and move on. What she said is true, my family is gone and nothing can bring them back so what's left is to continue living with their memory in my heart.

Antonio has been scolding me for the past five days for pretending to be at home and jeopardizing my safety which is not true because Ben assigned four silents (Ilya's best trained assassins) to take care of me and Arabella offered to send five of her Athenas to be under my command which I accepted since everyone in my security team is a male; I didn't hire any of them, Antonio did it but I'll admit I should've told him to find capable people which does not equal to all-men.

The DiStefano family has been gone for two days now and I miss Arabella, dearly; she's the first true friend I've found since I met Anna.

"A penny for your thoughts," Ben said, entering the kitchen as he wore his silk baby pink PJs which are amazing to say the least.

A deep sigh left my mouth "Russia has been good to me, Ben, I wish we could stay for longer. At what time does the plane leave tomorrow?"

"Ilya hasn't decided yet but he said he wanted to talk to you about it first because you would, most likely, want to stay for Slava's birthday," he poured himself a cup of coffee.

A smile appeared on my lips "Is he still asleep?"

"Most likely. Yesterday's meeting was exhausting and we didn't come back until 3:30 am," the man told.

"I'll go check," I chugged down what was left of my cinnamon tea before walking out of the kitchen with all the patience in the world but once I was sure nobody could see me, I ran. Inside of Ilya's room he wasn't in bed since it was neatly made "Ily—" my smile grew at the sight of the handsome man exiting his bathroom with the towel low on his hips. "Good morning, darling."

"Morning, malyshka," he leaned on the bathroom door's frame, looking at me up and down as if he was ready to pin me up against the door and fuck me for the next hour. "Can I help you, Sybbie?"

(Doll.)

"I was just coming to ask you how was your meeting last night, Ben said it was exhausting," I sat on the bed and slipped my hands in the pouch of my black hoodie.

He approached me with his arms crossed, causing his biceps to bulge deliciously "What if we talk about something else?"

"But business is fun," I gripped the knot of his towel to pull him closer and it, unfortunately, stayed tied. "What was it about? Guns? Money laundering? Killing people? All of the above?" My head tilted up to meet his eyes which were already on me.

A half-smile adorned his lips "I was thinking more about us," his right thumb caressed my bottom lip. "Where would you like to go?"

"Somewhere private like your bathtub," I pecked the tip of his thumb.

"Mhh," he hummed giving it a thought. "I'll work out something then." The man turned around to make his way to the walk-in closet.