Dieci

|Ilya Zharkov|

"Arabella..." a big smile appeared on my lips as my eyes met her bewitching ones. "What are you doing here?"

The woman chuckled softly "You didn't answer my call this morning; it was a heads up."

"All right, bossy pants, but what are you doing here?" my arms wrapped around her, tightly. "I've missed you so much."

"Hands off my wife!" Apollo's voice resonated through the house.

"Apollo, don't shout," Arabella chuckled, pulling away "this is not our home; we are guests and you must behave."

"Ekaterina told me to feel at home," the Italian argued, approaching me. "How are you, Ily?" Apollo hugged me tightly "I've missed you more than my wife has missed you."

Arabella scoffed "So, this is the famous Sybella," the brunette walked past us; I immediately pulled away from the hug and swiftly stood between Sybella and Arabella. "Woah!" Mrs. DiStefano smiled. "What's the problem here, Ily? Can't say hi to your girlfriend?" She smirked at me.

"I'm not his girlfriend," Sybella informed, standing to my left. "We are good friends but only until recently," Sybbie seemed pretty excited to be talking to Arabella. "I never thought I would meet you, Mrs. DiStefano," that's weird since Sybella is older than Arabella and has been working for longer.

"Call me Arabella," Belli grinned. "I never thought this moment would come either," she glanced at me. "But Ilya talks so much about you—"

"Okay!" I clapped and then wrapped my left arm around Sybella's shoulders. "We should freshen up for dinner!" My voice was excessively enthusiastic.

"Oh yes!" Apollo laced his arms around his wife's waist. "We brought pizza from Roma, they're in the ovens as we speak."

"Well, we'll meet you in the dining room!" I grabbed Sybella's hand. "Come on, I'll walk you to your room, Sybbie!" My feet rushed away, taking the woman with me.

"Slow down, Ilya!" Sybella chuckled as we reached her bedroom. "Your legs are longer than mine!"

"It's just that—"

"You told Arabella DiStefano about me?" She interrupted me as a big smile appeared on her lips.

The temperature of my body went through the roofs "Well, you're so talented and I thought she should know about you. She says you've accomplished much more than her because you come from nothing; she admires you, Sybbie."

The girl in front of me blushed deeply "She really thinks that?"

"You can ask her—" Sybella threw her arms around my neck and pulled me down, close to herself "Why are you hugging me?" Not complaining, my arms laced around her waist tightly to hold her close.

"Because you're so cute, Ily," she chuckled. "I like that nickname."

Coming from her, that means a lot; it makes my heart thump vigorously. The adrenaline is still rushing through my body from earlier and this is not helping me calm down.

Sybella pulled away and cupped my face "I had a lot of fun today, Ilya; it was great getting to know your favorite childhood places."