Sette

|Sybella Fiori|

"Hey!" A big smile played on my lips as I walked into the hospital suite. My best friend was lying on the bed, full face or makeup and she was watching TV, looking as fresh as a cucumber.

Anna grinned "Hi, beauty. You look so expensive in that coat."

A chuckle left my mouth as my eyes fell on her bump "I always look expensive, baby."

She grinned "Exactly." Anna grabbed both of my hands and let out a deep sigh "I'm so happy you're finally here, I've missed you so much."

"I'm here now and I'm not leaving your side until this baby is born," my eyes diverted to her bump for a second. "You look so beautiful in your full glam," the level of uncomfortable but it's Anna, she always wants to look like Miss Universe. Good for her. I could never.

"Is that Sybella Fiori's back I see?" The female voice with a faint Russian accent, compelled me to turn around; Ekaterina Petrovna, the mother of the Zharkov children.

My smile widened as I approached the woman with platinum blonde hair, Ilya and Slava get the brunette from their dad "You look fabulous, as always," my arms laced around her; she hugged me back, quite enthusiastically.

"I'm so happy to see you, darling," she whispered before pulling away. "Are you staying at the house? Of course you are," she replied for me before I could even give it a thought.

"Mama, pust' govorit," Ilya told.

(Mom, let her speak.)

"Why?" His mother scoffed "I'll still convince her to stay with us, it's the right thing to do, she's like family."

Ilya stayed quiet, no comment on what I did to him which is rather impressive. For the last couple months our relationship has been getting better, I mean, we don't fight every five minutes anymore; he doesn't call me snake, I don't have to ignore him and he is thoughtful enough to come and see me every time after my monthly anniversary dinners. We work better when we are not in an endless war.

"Mama, make sure Sybella has the appropriate wardrobe to keep her warm," Anna said. "I don't want the godmother of my baby getting sick."

"I'm not as delicate as you believe," I gazed at Anna over my shoulder.

My best friend chuckled "You don't know what Russia's weather will do to you so shut up and wear the coats."

"I will give her endless coats to keep her protected," Ekaterina caressed my cheek with her right set of knuckles; my head immediately turned to meet her eyes. "We must have a talk, woman to woman, with vodka or tea or both," the stunning woman chuckled.

"Whenever you want us to, just let me know," since I became Anna's friend, Ekaterina has treated me like her own daughter. Even after what I did to her son...it's unbelievable she doesn't loathe me, she even congratulated me, said I was fierce and powerful. She really is something else apart from ex-KGB/MI6. Double agent. The woman is a badass.

After an hour of chatting with everyone in the room; Ilya, Ekaterina, Michail (Anna's baby daddy) and Lada (Michail's mother), the doctor came to check on Anna whose dilation is at 8 cm. Woah, she's quick and doesn't complain much about the contractions, she says they're strong but that waxing herself when she was 13 was worse.

I gently lay beside her, under her request and let out a deep sigh "You're going to be a great mother, Anna." She has changed a lot as the pregnancy progressed, so did her attitude towards the world. My best friend is finally mature.

"It takes a great mother to see another one," she smiled, gazing down at me. "When are you having one?"

My jaw clenched at the thought of Avyanna, she would already be running by now "That's of no importance now," I cleared my throat.