61. Only One?

Vote or you'll be cursed;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Vartika's POV:

"Are you afraid of falling in love?"I am afraid of being the only one who falls

I am afraid of being the only one who falls....

I wrote the quote in my diary before moving on to decorate the page by doodling, along the corner of the page.

Sitting in the library, I was just trying to pass my time until Shiv arrived.

"What's in that?" Aarushi said while acquiring the chair across the table.

My eyes darted from her to the paper pouch lying near my water bottle. I quickly kept my hand over it in an attempt to bring it closer to me. But Aarushi was quick to react as she kept her hand over mine.

"Let me guess, coconut cookies?" she sniffed the paper pouch.

"Wow!... You have quite a nose," I said and she removed her hand.

"Since childhood.... So now, are you gonna like offer me some or... should I do the honors?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Sure, but just one or maybe two, cause it belongs to someone else." I smiled.

"Let me guess, Shiv."

"Wow, you are really good at guessing!"

"Oh please!... Anyone could guess it." she scoffed.

"Really!... Is it that obvious?"

"Of course, duh!"

"Anyways, here!" I shook my head before offering her two cookies.

"I don't want it now." she said while crossing her arms around her chest.

"Why?"

"Cause it belongs to someone else."

"Well, I'll won't argue on that. But don't get disheartened, I'll bring more tomorrow... Only for you!" I smiled before keeping the cookies back in the pouch.